Note to New Members ×

New carving/racing Videos and other stuff you missed if you are not on Facebook

evnewsphoto

Hey guys, I know there are still some of you out there that aren't using Facebook, I understand, I held off for a while myself but it is so useful to get things out. I wanted to update you guys on new videos I am working on for Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Snowboard race team and also new videos for Donek Snowboards. I have several that are almost finished but not launched yet, so stay tuned. But check out videos that are out like these;

SSWSC SRT will have new profiles on athletes heading for the Olympics like Justin Reiter, and we are working on ways to get more people interested in carving with Donek videos. I will point you to my business's website, StoryCatchers Media, and also our youtube channel, and of course tune in of Facebook so you get the latest.

http://storycatchersmedia.com/

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKnuyImsNSTgugOb0kVQCQA

My personal channel that still has a lot of the videos on it;

http://www.youtube.com/user/evnewsphoto

And our Facebook page (please like us!)

https://www.facebook.com/StorycatchersMedia?ref=hl

SSWSC SRT FB page, like the team too!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steamboat-Winter-Sports-Club-Snowboard-Race-Team/390639884348638

Also hoping to make it to the SES session this year (was supposed to last year- sorry again Fin :( ) so down the road look for that.

Want to all I can with my camera and skills to help grow our sport! Thanks, Everett

Michelle, of course Mimi is on my list of to dos (told her so) and she is in the other videos, she was gone so much of the season last year and then her shin injury, I kept wanting to do more but stars were not aligned. She can tell you how I made her stand around for an hour trying to interview her with my failing audio equipment (had to mail it out to be fixed after) and she was so nice about it- nicest interview subject I have ever had! I love Mimi and she will get the same video too!

I love Mimi and she will get the same video too!
She's awesome and so incredibly nice. I wasn't badgering you, just "the media" in general. I'd love to see 9News or one of them come out in Oct when those guys are here training for the olympics. I've contacted them but if you have any more credibility and can get them out here that would be fantstic. Someone should cover more of the local Olympians than just Missy the swimmer (although she's awesome too).

I am working on that too, been talking to my friends at 9 (Cheryl Prehiem mostly but Matt Renuiex might do the stories) and it would be to come shoot the training at Copper and do profiles of all the SRT Olympians, Justin, Mike, and Mimi. I also will be shooting (when not training myself) and will pass on my footage to 9 and any other station I can (have feelers out) but 9 mostly since they have the Olympics, I also reached out to NBC Sports. My 18 years in the news biz doesn't count for much, but I do know a lot of people and will do my best to get us attention!

Nice! I watch those guys all the time and think they would do a great job. the interest seems to spark during an Olympic year. I also contacted Gregg Moss because he does those "where in the town" and spotlights a local company that has "made it". I got nothing from that. I also contacted Susie Wargin a few years ago and she said "we'll look at it again when it's an Olympic year" which is now. If we can help, please let me know since we would love to see more profiles done - especially since these guys are training here in CO! Keep me posted Everett!

• 2 weeks later...

I love your clips . . . a while ago I was worried about the image of alpine snowboarding equals racing and such but your clips also make racing look cool I love that as it is cool too . . . :)

actually I included one of your clips from youtube on my website earlier this week and before I saw your post here just now I guess that one is my favorite so far I mean it's awesome . . . so I'm also among those looking forward to more stuff like that for sure . . .

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying and sharing them, and that's great if you have them on a website, please feel free to use them. I want to get people just see what we do, we all know how cool it is, the problem is the main stream of snowboarding (and skiing) have no idea our sport even exist! The only way we can change that is by spreading the word and showing what we do! I can only hand out a few Bomber "This is hard boot snowboarding" cards (thanks Fin!) at a time but can reach thousands of eyeballs with my videos, but need everyone's help to spread them around. Share and post them as much as you can! Thanks, Everett

And if you have't seen it yet, here is our latest video for Donek snowboards, please get this out there too;

:D good one . . . your clip is on the Media page I called it "Speed Team" there the whole site is online since tuesday so talk about me having spread the word :) anyway I wanna expand the site mainly by adding "Some News" posts in the future and I can always use cool clips to spice them up I am sure I can include some more some time . . . anyway just thanks again for the viewing pleasure I think your clips are really very well made . . .

yep already a fan on facebook and gonna check out that GOOD looking website in detail too . . . great that you guys I mean on that kind of professional and spirited level are doing carving clips . . . awesome I just found that so refreshing to see just like Fin's shoot'em up clip I need to catch up in gerneral and will do so over time (didn't get to riding much in recent years and when I'm not riding myself I also don't follow what's going on in the carving world on the net etc) of course now with my own site back online in a form I can live with I got another motivation to follow things that are happening regardless of how much I actually get to riding myself so I will not miss out on future stuff you do and it will be my pleasure to shoot you an email or message in case I include some more stuff from you somehow on the site . . . again thanks for creating and sharing your work and cheers . . . (gin and tonic)

I did not make that video, my friend Cliff Markham did, he works for the Canadian team (funded by the government, wish we had that support!) and his work inspired me to start doing what I have been doing. Funny thing about Cliff is he is a skier! But a very talented videographer, his company is called Rider Media, he has done a lot of great videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridermedia http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQYFu6_n4RSRBPMVfZyyLhw?feature=watch

Here is his most recent race video from last year's PSL in Moscow;

and another;

Sorry I race and that is my world. That said I do have a carving video I am working on for Donek and we would like to get much more of it this year. I work on behalf of the SSWSC SRT and that is why we are trying to get more exposure for that. Let me ask you why you don't like racing? Our goal is to make it look cool and attract new people to the sport, we need the help and the least we can ask is carvers to please support us. Without racing there would be no race boards for carvers to have fun on, and remember we all carve too. It is sad how little support racers receive, it's why we have top guys defecting to Russia. So yes I will make a few carve videos but please don't diss racing.

Thanks, Everett

I would have said the same if it wasn't for the quality of the clips like I said they make even racing look cool so I like them . . . even though in general I agree that alpine snowboarding should be seen as freecarving mainly for sure . . .

. . . aaaaaaaaannnnnnnyyyyyyyyywwwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy and jesus christ I got Ace's reply by email and actually came here to say that I agree a freecarving clip made by the storycatchers crew would be awesome sometime too AND that I was blown away by that clip below that is of the freecarving sort and I guess thanks to my absence I only discovered it a couple of days ago . . . awesome . . . so great freecarving AND racing clips out there what could be better :)

http://vimeo.com/60497535

(velvet.pro / doctorfilm.ru)

(or I guess that clip shows a cool mixture of freecarving and racing one should say)

Edited by stokely

It is sad how little support racers receive

It is, but I would point out how little support they give the sport itself and those in the industry.

stokely,

VERY nice website :biggthump Is that your work or you just supporting it? I like the clean/simple look. Great support for the sport and all those in it. Thank you for all the kind plugs as well. Cheers.

Wow that video was so well done! Wonder what he shot it on, some of the shots were so well done and thought out, like the POV stuff in front of the riders that were very close like they were following someone. Outstanding quality!

The russian extreme carving is cool but it's almost limbo on the snow in my opinion, looks cool though. I spend all my time trying to be balanced and avoid the Eurocarve which I did for too many years (developed bad habits).

Thanks for sharing that one, beautiful stuff!

avoid eurocarve? anyway racing was never my thing as for my own riding and as cool as it also is I don't think it's good if alpine snowboarding is seen as something about racing more so than as something about freecarving options since only a small number of recreational riders will be drawn to competitions and so on . . . actually though I made my peace with clips that feature racing after I have seen your clips . . . so after all and as for that it's all good from my point of view now I feel that freecarvers and racers can both confidently and happily show the options of alpine snowboarding and freecarving AND racing (also including the speed in general) can come across in a cool way in clips so I don't have anything more to say about that as I also think that it can be and should be one cool pie . . .

although I should change "freecarving options" to "alpine snowboarding options" after adding the limbo clip I am quite happy now also with the scope of alpine snowboarding options that are shown in the clips I picked out for http://www.freecarvers.com/media.html a quite good overview for newbies of what can be done and again I am happy that also racing is included in a cool way there . . .

and thanks for the friendly words although the site definitely includes motivation and inspiration from riding with friends on the slopes the "we" is actually just "me" and I coded it myself only using a simple text editor (windows notepad) I just wanted to put together a cool overview of alpine snowboarding and am absolutely thankful to everyone who allowed me to also include some of their pictures and clips in order to do so . . .

In no way am I saying Eurocarving is bad, not at all! I just was speaking from my personal perspective of learning to carve a clean turn without touching the snow. I picked up bad balance habits of over rotating my hips and shoulders and it has taken me years to get it fixed and only was meant to say that I had to avoid what I did in the past. Now I can rail turns at Mach 10 without worry of popping off the snow, it is still carving just as a more balanced rider. I would say there is plenty that we can have cross over between the two kinds of alpine and there is no wrong way to carve! Everett

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I posted new stuff here, always forget sorry guys! Here are two recent ones;

A fundraiser for our man headed to Sochi and great all around guy; Justin Reiter!

Please help him get there and bring home alpine snowboarding gold! Give what you can, even if it's a dollar ever bit helps!

https://www.rallyme.com/rallies/156/justin-reiter-goes-for-gold

And new as of today a promotional video for Race to the Cup (Nor-ams)

And all the recent Nor-am action can be found on our Youtube channel;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKnuyImsNSTgugOb0kVQCQA

Subscribe today so you don't miss the next videos!

On the way, more race action at Steamboat and another profile fundraiser this time for Mimi Wiencke who also needs your help for her Olympic dreams;

http://www.gofundme.com/mimiwiencke

Thanks, Everett

woot love the fundraiser clip I was about to do some update and even got it done (ventilator of my computer is rattling louder and louder computer could bite the dust soon which is a nuisance considering my salary) anyway very cool and looking forward to the Mimi clip even though she seems to have achieved her goal already as for the fundraising cool stuff!

( http://www.freecarvers.com/alpine-snowboarding-news-3.html )