Note to New Members ×

SNES 2014 to return to June?

Wolfman

Hi guys and girlz,

I am sure that most of you already heard. They are reopening June.

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000209314/news/june-mountain-announces-december-14th-re-opening/

Hopefully this also means that they would welcome SNES again in February or March. Maybe it would be a fun idea to show our support of June mountain as a carving group on opening day, December 14th. Just an idea.

Looking forward to a great season of rippin it up.

• 5 months later...

Now that we finally have snow and June is pretty well covered, let's get some dates out there. I held off on planning anything earlier since barely anything was open. How do either the weekends of 3/21 or 4/4 sound to everyone?

Hi guys.

The weekend of March 22 and 23 look good to me so far. Snow quality is great at the moment. Just came back from Mammoth and will be back up again this weekend. Please know that I have a different cell phone number, PM me for this weekend. Lets carve!

Im heading up Friday 3/21. Early AM departure from Torrance. Usually head out the 14. Still working out lodging/ probably in Mammoth with some friends. Riding Mammoth Friday. June Sat and Sun. Not sure if it works for anyone. I know of some space available with friends in a shared condo in Mammoth for $50 a night. Call or email me as it may make sense to rent in June with enough people...

felice lance at gee mail dot com

three 1 o two 4 five 7 two 9 one

Let's do this!!!!

It looks like Chris (2stroke) and Tommy (starcarver) may be heading up too. I was trying to combing Will to come up, he's a definite maybe. I will contact Andrea and Julian to get them interested.

I am making my whole quiver available to ride.

Donek Rev 185 prototype

Donek Proteus 170

Donek SaBeR 160

Coiler Freecarve 169

F2 Silberpfeil 162

Dynastar 3800 163

Oxygen Proton 149

Coda Freecarve 170

Put your bindings on and ride them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke with Eric Diem yesterday about the event. They're glad to have us there but unfortunately he is out of town this coming weekend and cannot support us directly like he did previous years. He did encourage us to proceed though, and we can of course use J1 to shuttle boards up to the chalet. Storage of extra boards at the base of J4 might not be available but I'm working on that. We should be able to get some storage at the chalet or at the patrol office. Conditions were pretty good this past weekend. Firm but the warm weather made a nice window of very carveable snow.

My plans stand. I spoke to George S. He says he may come for Sunday only. I will be up Friday as I stated earlier. Unfortunately not a huge turn out and some are preferring to ride Mammoth Saturday as a result. Where ever there is the most people on Hardboots is fine with me. Love me some empty June though...

- Wolfman

- Nekdut

- Starcarver?

- Slopestar

- Breesej

- George S./Sunday Maybe

- Chad (Coda), only Sunday afternoon

-??????

I would like to ride June, especially if we can get Gunsmoke mostly to ourselves. It would be awesome if we could all agree to ride June on Saturday and Mammoth on Sunday, but that's just my personal preference since we could all have a post SNES beverage at The Mill around 2-3PM.

I'll ride where the carvers congregate.

- Wolfman

- Nekdut

- Starcarver?

- Slopestar

- Breesej

- George S./Sunday Maybe

- Chad (Coda), only Sunday afternoon

- 2stroke (Chris), Sunday @ June, Sat @ Mammoth