Note to New Members ×

Folds in liner after baking

andy82

Hi, there's a thing that bothers me a little...time ago I bought a used pair of Track T325 (size 29), to be used for next season.

My feet are 29.5, downsizing from my previous (and loosely fitting) Indys.

So I did a shell test, perfect 1.5 fingers, backed the liners and fitted them. However, it seems like the termofit liners do not fully wrap around my foot (I have a long but slim feet, with tiny ankles. As a result the liner does not fully wrap over, causing some big folds under the tongue.

When I baked the second liner, i was extra careful in folding it over as much as possible, set the tongue carefully etc...but same result. I feel no pressure points and it fits nicely...but I'm not sure those folds and wrinkles are normal...will they cause the liner to tear or develop any pressure point?

Any input/idea is much appreciated!

post-12079-141842393708_thumb.jpg

Andy, I have had the same thing happen with liners I molded myself. Been running them for few seasons without any trouble. Would keep an eye on the liners as you use them for any odd wear marks in the outer fabric. If you notice anything strange or have pain in that area, you can always remold them. Hope that helps! Tom

Andy. Not sure if this tip will help in this instance. I have used a nylon stocking over the liner. Helps it slide into the shell in its expanded form and might help keep it from getting pinched. My liners all have some lines in them , not sure if they are as deep, but similar.

I have similar-looking folds. On mine, it's where the liner poked up through the lower shell and against the tongue. i.e. the folds are completely outside the boot and do not touch my foot at all.

Check if yours are similar. Put the liner in the shell and pull the tongue aside/up to see.

Exactly, they are in the same position, outside the lower shell, under the tongue...I guess it's by design then, if you have slim feet the two halves do not overlap completely, even outside the shell before slipping the liner in...therefore it must get those folds once inside.

Thanks a lot for the replies, now I'm not that worried since I know I'm not the only one that noticed it :)