Note to New Members ×

Switching to UPZ's

CHAINSAW

Hello BOL,

I have a question in regards to switching to UPZ boots. Im an currently using size 27 Deeluxe track 700's, and I am buying UPZ's. A very reputable UPZ dealer in Boulder recommended that I buy size 26 UPZ's because they run big. Unfortunately he is out of the boot that I want until the fall, I wouldn't mind waiting until the fall, but I am going to Hood in a month and I would rather break the boots in at summer camp, rather than during the season. So I am buying them from UPZ online, but UPZ online is recommending that I buy 27's ??? Im being told by most people to buy a size smaller, but UPZ is advising i go bigger.

My Fred Flinstone foot measures 10-1/2" long and 4-1/4" wide.

YABADABADOOOO!!!!

Let me know.

Thanks!

Demo saw

In the 27 Deeluxe, with your bare feet in the shell with liner removed, how much room is left in the shell? If it's a close fit (less than a cm lengthwise, say) then downsizing to 26 UPZ is probably not going to work. For reference I can wear M28 Deeluxe, but it's a very close fit. I am in M29 UPZ now and they mostly solve the heel slop issues I had with Deeluxe. I have plenty of room in them and one day will try a pair of M28. But I would not even fit into the shells of M27 UPZ.

The correct size depends on the shape of your foot as well as the length.

If the 10.5" measurement is correct, that's 26.67 cm so by Deeluxe's guidelines you should be in M26 Deeluxe. So M26 UPZ is probably fine.

Hope that helps.

It's a tough call. I wear a MP27 and the MP27 UPZ RC10's fit me well. I DO have a bit of room in the back without the liners in, however. I can fit about 2 fingers (without squishing them) behind my heel. This may be cutting it close, and maybe I should go down to a MP26, but I would worry that the rest of the boot, width and height, would be too small. The buckles are very adjustable. I'm close to max-ing my buckles out (to be as loose as possible) which is why I think going to a 26 would be too big.

I wear mp27 700's too. Tried upz 26: too small, mondo 26,5 fit me right. I have a normal to wide forefoot and a high arch. No need to break them in, they have a rather soft flex with the standard tongues in comparison to the last 700 tracks. (Right foot measure 26.3 cm)

Edited by Hans

I've tried both Deeluxe and UPZ, and I think they have the same sizing. I used a 27mp Deeluxe which was the right size for me bu the heel was too wide, I then downsized to a 26mp Deeluxe which had a LOT of work done to get it to fit, and then I tried the 27mp UPZ which fit perfectly.

I switched from Deeluxe Indy to UPZ last autumn. I downsized from MP 29.5 to 28.5 without any problems. My guess is that people with a wider forefoot have an easier time downsizing with UPZs because of the larger toebox.

Another thing: The shells will be the same size with 26 and 27 (see this chart).

If I were you, I would order the smaller boots and take them to camp. Also bring your Deeluxe to be on the safe side. If 26 is too small, you will notice quickly and can still use your old boots.

Westfrigginport? I thought Full Tilts were the boot to run down there? The real question is how many degrees of MJD Bia$$ are you going to run, GUY?

yo trailatrash , I'm goin with a wicked pissa SG set up with a vist plate thingy. With some wicked pissa phiokka bindings GuY. and actually the MR.JD is a litttle bit phiokka bia$$ now. GuY

GFY wicked hard, and ill see you on the trails this summer!!! you can let me know how my 250sxf looks from behind.........GuY !!!

demo saw

Edited by CHAINSAW