Note to New Members ×

Summer training camps

MR. JOHN DEERE !

I have 4-5 riders looking to get some gate training in during the summer. Chili is OUT of the question, these knuckleheads are going unsupervised, and going to Chili is way to far.

Is Hood still an option ? If so who's the coach and whats the scoop on it ?

Training time, other activities, dates, where fly into to, website, etc, etc ??

Does Thedo do anything in the summers in the continental US?

Let me know, 2 F.I.S riders and 2 future F.I.S riders.

Mt Hood is GREAT!! Lots of snow. As for what camps are available. Check the Timberline site.

Most of the camps start in June. Now is a much better time for snow pack , no crowds, more terrain, and CHEAP spring passes.

Just depends on what your racers need. I do know of several alpine teams that will be testing/ training up there. They are not the type you can pay to join though.

Link to their camp. There are many others too.

http://www.timberlinesnowcamps.com/

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/play/skiing-snowboarding/spring-pass/

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

• 2 weeks later...

The G-team from Minnesota is doing an alpine camp at Mt Hood this summer (June/July?). I think it's for 18 yrs and under only. Mimi Wiencke will be one of the coaches. She told me that Thedo and the Steamboat team will likely have an alpine camp at Mt Hood this summer. You'll have to check with them for the details.

Just noticed that, I bet if you call Gavin with a guaranteed number of students that he would put something together.

I emailed Gavin and he said ski only. I didn't ask if he'd be into putting something together. I thought they had a weekend camp going and I was pretty stoked to go up and get some instruction on running gates.

I'd be into it if anyone else is thinking of trying to get a group.