Note to New Members ×

My iPod is stuck!!!

Michelle

I was sucessfully plugging in my ipod to my computer, and able to use all of the functions. Yesterday I plugged it in the exact same way, and itunes came up and said that there was possible corruption and it was not charging. My ipod screen was stuck in "do not disconnct" all day, but wasn't blinking. I tried (while plugged in) to reset pushing all of the correct buttons and toggling the hold button, with no luck. I eventually unplugged it and plugged it back in, and although the computer makes the little beep that a device is connected, I can't see it in explorer or in itunes. it is now stuck in "do not disconnect" and I can't reboot it, charge it, nothing! It's just stuck. What can I do? I am running Windows 7.

1) Keep your Ipod connected to your computer, you still see: do not disconnect on your Ipod screen

2) now you see your clickwheel of your Ipod just under your Ipodscreen, now just push your select button of your clickwheel (middle of the clickwheel) and your menu button ( I think it's on the northside of the clickwheel, push those buttons for about 5 seconds simultaneously.

3) than your screen 'do not disconnect' will change into the apple screen.

4) while you see this 'apple' icon disconnect your Ipod right away from your computer (quickly otherwise your screen: do not disconnect will show up again.

If this doesn't work out, I will hear it, good luck.

Had the same problem. Try to reset it by holding down on the circle button and holding down the circle that switches tracks facing the bottom of the ipod. Hold them both down simultaneously for 30 seconds. It should reset.

Edited by Marc Hall

I'm not sure if this was suggested:

from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1644464?start=0&tstart=0

Hold Menu+Select on the iPod for about 6 seconds until it resets, then hold Menu+Play as soon as the Apple logo appears, again for about 6 seconds to put the machine in disk mode. Open iTunes and in the Sync tab of the preferences menu check *Disable automatic syncing of all iPhones & iPods*. Now connect your iPod to the computer, wait until it connects, then close iTunes. Browse *My Computer* and right-click on the drive for the iPod, click Properties, then click Tools. Under Error-checking, click *Check Now*. Under Check disk options, select *Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors* (Optional - takes ages but a good idea if you've reason to suspect physical damage). Click Start. Mac users should run *Disk Utility / Repair Disk* for the equivalent process. This should find and correct any errors in the logical & physical structures of your iPod's hard drive. Once these have been fixed you can reset the iPod (hold Menu+Select ) and should stand a better chance of a successful restore.

Gosh you guys!!!!

Thanks for trying to help, but I've said at least twice that I have pushed all of the buttons and it does NOTHING. I see no apple logo, the screen that i posted above is the only screen that I see. It is completely stuck on that screen, and nothing else happens.

I have pushed the menu button, i have pushed the menu button plus the play button, i have pushed and held the menu button with the play button, i have pushed and held the play button. NOTHING happens. not one thing. it still says 8:10am, since yesterday morning.

Yes, i have looked at the apple support. Yes, i have posted a thread there. yes, i have goggled the problem. everything keeps telling me "once you see the apple logo" but I don't see it!

I was hoping to find someone that has had this experience before.

I'm going to try to let the battery run down, because at this point I don't know what else to do. :confused: I hate computers.

• 3 weeks later...