Note to New Members ×

Another Panorama shot (this one is legit IMHO)

big canuck

Awesome shot!

Since I like to analyze stuff, would the uneven wake of snow coming off the board be an indication of chatter? I'm not trying to find fault; rather, just understand things a bit more. :)

You can't predict how snow will react to a Virus coming their way, they just scatter. Albino Brain Chiggers have low tolerance.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_bQi6luDTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Couple more now that I'm back at my computer.

I realize my toe side sux. It was only my second day on the Virus and it does ride pretty different IMO. Secondly I was really worried about cutting the photographer in 1/2. Thats all for my excuses for now...

post-1407-141842386653_thumb.jpg

post-1407-141842386656_thumb.jpg

Edited by big canuck

Awesome shot!

Since I like to analyze stuff, would the uneven wake of snow coming off the board be an indication of chatter? I'm not trying to find fault; rather, just understand things a bit more. :)

I would definitely say that looks like chatter to me, but I could be wrong. More like undulating than skittering, bad chatter though, that has a really obvious look in pictures. I WAS an on-hill photog 25 hours a week before I broke my leg, and I see a LOT of chatter hahaha. It could be afternoon chop, and it could just be the nose flopping around as it "hunts" through ruts and stuff. If you go look at the Swoard videos, there's a lot of chatter in slowmo and similar spray.

Edited by KingCrimson

It could be chatter?

But it could be the corduroy lines in the snow?

The trench you leave doesn't vary in depth.

Well, maybe from end to end, but not in 1 inch increments.

Therefore the snow you are spraying varies in thickness.

That's just how I see it. I may be wrong.

But my explanation, IMO, sounds much better than chatter.

TT

Great shots. Also the ones from Pokkis look amazing.

You mentioned, the Virus rides different: Yes, it probably does and probably takes a while to dial in to. I see this is ones of the classice virus shapes probably Tantalus, Gladiator or Berserker. These love to be ridden with rotation - less angulation. Just try the corkscrew especially on your heelside (BTW: People in Europe call heelsides backside. That's pretty confusing.) The board will reward it and pop you out into your next turn.

Edit says: It's a Vampire. Forget about the stuff above - except for the corkscrew.