Note to New Members ×

Sunday 1/6/2013 ASSESS who is coming?

carvingchef

here is the official ASSESS thread to let everybody know who is going

ALPINE SNOWBOARDING SESSION EXPRESSION @ SNOW SUMMIT

the annual carving event to start the year on the edge

if you are there early enough we usually meet at chair 1 before 8.00 am take a few runs down miracle mile and/or summit run and move to chair 7 and 10 as soon as they start running

for those of you who have not been to ASSESS before it's just an excuse to get together with friends who share the same passion, no sponsors, no T shirts, no goody bags, no raffle, no attitude, just fun, all levels welcomed, great place for newbies to meet local carvers and ask lots of questions

if you want to check out who was there last time and look at some pictures of people having fun (page 3 and 4) here is the link to the ASSESS 2012 thread

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?35935-Sunday-1-8-2012-ASSESS-who-is-coming

let everybody else know you are going, copy the list on your reply and add your name at the bottom

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same as Slopestar, planning on GS at Mtn. High, but would really like to attend this event. Sounds like a blast. Slopestar, what age group/division are you racing in? I'm in "Legend"(40 - 49).

Andrea...

Julian.....

Lance..... Slopestar/ I'm a tentative as I was plannig on racing GS at Mt High on Saturday, possibly Sunday too.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Lance..... Slopestar/ I'm a tentative as I was plannig on racing GS at Mt High on Saturday, possibly Sunday too.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

Aaron....oldvolvosrule. I will be on a carving BOARD for the duration. I felt like the bastard child out there last year

I'm tentatively in. The ASSESS is my first choice, but I have to get down to my house in Baja sometime over winter break to take care of some maintenance. That will basically be based around the weather and can be done anytime during the break, so I'm more likely to be at ASSESS than Baja.

Looking forward to riding with everyone again.

AcousticBoarder, make sure you post what weekend you are going to go to Summit, I'll try to go again.

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

Aaron....oldvolvosrule. I will be on a carving BOARD for the duration. I felt like the bastard child out there last year

George....GeorgeS

AcousticBoarder, make sure you post what weekend you are going to go to Summit, I'll try to go again.

Sounds good, I am looking forward going a few more times this season (I got some new boots and new softie am board to try out too :D). Will definitely be at Summit feb 2nd and 3rd with my old boy scout troop

I'm a tentative. possibly my first day of the season... this is going to be interesting.

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

George....GeorgeS

Albert.....bullwings

I'm a tentative. possibly my first day of the season... this is going to be interesting.

it's going to be the first day of the season for me and Julian as well (never too late to start) but ASSESS is not just about the riding, it's about getting together with old friends and make some new ones

and terrorizing Snow Summit too

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

George....GeorgeS

Albert.....bullwings

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

George....GeorgeS

Albert.....bullwings

Sage..... NSSage

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Lance..... Slopestar/ I'm a tentative still. If there is new snow, the drive will be horrible and I am currently at about 60% after a brutal crash at Mt High last Sunday.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

George....GeorgeS

Albert.....bullwings

Sage..... NSSage

It might be more crowded than years past as most schools will still be on Christmas break on the day of ASSES. Another thought is traffic going down the mtn maybe horrendous on Sunday afternoon

Was there a thought of postponing for the following week?

Are we initiating a vote on this or sticking with the original date?

Andrea... carvingchef

Julian..... Arclite.

Lance..... Slopestar/ I'm a tentative still. If there is new snow, the drive will be horrible and I am currently at about 60% after a brutal crash at Mt High last Sunday.

Shannon.... MTB_DH11

George....GeorgeS

Albert.....bullwings

Sage..... NSSage

Sam .....bunnyslope18 on plates, wife on softies

I opt for moving it to the following weekend. Snow Summit is selling out on the weekends during the holidays. I wouldn't want people to come up only to be told "no tickets available".

I'm cool with either date. I'd prefer less crowds (post poning to next week) since I'd like to have the best possible days (I'm not gunning for a 20+ or even 10+ day season this year).

It seems like everyone is more set for this Sunday and no one is really looking to move it...