Note to New Members ×

MSLM Opens Tomorrow

stewart Hodgins

Just thought that I would let every one read the good news, Mt St Louis Moonstone opens tomorrow Saturday, December 1st. The weather here in Barrie has been very wintery. We got hit with a foot of snow, followed by on and off snow squalls for the last week and by some -7 weather last night and too day, meaning they have been able to blow enough snow to open four runs (a green, blue, black and the junk yard) So I hope to see the usual suspects and maybe some new carvers this year.

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...

What is the update on conditions at MSM? My parents in Orillia say everything is brown ... and point bringing the Coiler with me? I was hoping to see you guys on Sunday - anyone interested in joining me?

It is snowing here. Heavy snow (with a compliment of freezing rain). Ottawa will have a white Christmas.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather_cams/CMON0011

That pic don’t look so good does it? :eek:

Anyways, they have sufficient man made stuff on the Louis side that should be ok. I plan to be there on Sunday. Probably Saturday too.

It’s been mild this week but it looks like it should be cooling off by the weekend. Perhaps the first weekend so far without rain!

• 2 weeks later...

Conditions were a little hard to day because it was -12 over night but here in Barrie it is snowing and only -4 so the snow should be great tomorrow. Coverage is great no brown spots. If you are planing on coming up park on the Louis side as Moonstone has been opening later then normal.

Edited by stewart Hodgins

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone heading to MSLM tomorrow (Saturday). I am sorry I missed SOS - car broke down in Bancroft last night and I didn't get into Orillia until after 4am.

I have a board for Bruce and air filters for Dave. Anyone going to be around to help facilitate an exchange? I have also been asked by Christ H. to pick-up a board from Bruce, if anyone can help me work this out I would be very grateful. I will be in the Orillia area until around lunch on Sunday when I will attempt to drive back to Ottawa in a semi-functional vehicle!