Note to New Members ×

F2 Eliminator SBX for freecarving?

dano

So I came across a used 165 F2 Eliminator SBX...

Are these any good for serious free carving with hardboots or more of a "high speed scraper"?

I have an 176 F2 Respect all mountain that I only keep as a rockboard as it carves like crap (for me anyway)....variable sidecut feels too small towards the tail and kills the carve at the end.

My go-to ride is a tanker 192 that hooks up very well throughout carves and fits me like a glove.

Once you have a tanker i see no need in elimintaror for carving. I bet it'd be fun to ride but you'd get more of a carving with all mountain carving board. I got used 4wd and it's so much fun!

Thanks. I'd really like my next board to be a custom metal all mountain carver. SOON I hope.

I was hoping someone would chime in on how the F2 "felt" carving with hardboots. F2 markets it for softies only.

The 165 Eliminator has 12m sidecut ( and pretty wide ) so that got me interested...and I can pick up a used 2011 for $200.

I loved my Eliminator... It was the red,white, and blue one... A little one though... 149 ish? I rode with with both soft and hard boots over the years. It really was my goto board for several years. I taught many beginner lessons on that thing! I haven't been on it for probably at least 5 years and now it's sitting out where I see it all the time. I keep thinking I should take it for a spin one of these years, but then again I also keep thinking about that old Nitro asym which is sitting right next to it as well! Hahahaha... Oh, the memories....

I had a F2 Eliminator WC 165 last 2 seasons and rode with softboots most of time and rode with hardboots one time.

I don't know if your finding is WC or Not, but WC had titanial layer in it. It gave me damp and stable ride like other race GS/SL specific boards.

Since I have other decks for hardpack corduroy, I specifically rode it on park/jumps and on piste to get there with softboots. For freecarving, I say it behaved like hardboot specific carving board. it has relatively narrow waist width (about 25cm), and was like riding a New Shaped Metal ATV. Being around 190 lbs, I felt the board is much stiffer than ATV but once I got some speed (the base is wicked fast), it was best BX/Freecarve board I had for the width ranges. It also took jump and ruts very easily.

Thanks guys,

I just bought it...There was a racer in Breckenridge ( named Harris I think? ) blowing out 7 of them on fleabay. ( along with some other F2 GS and slaloms) There was only one left and I couldn't resist.

If I don't like how the sidecut hauls me around turns, I'm sure it will end up for sale here. It will likely be better on icy days than my tanker. I don't think it is the WC construction but that would be great!

post-182-141842372958_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys,

I just bought it...There was a racer in Breckenridge ( named Harris I think? ) blowing out 7 of them on fleabay. ( along with some other F2 GS and slaloms) There was only one left and I couldn't resist.

If I don't like how the sidecut hauls me around turns, I'm sure it will end up for sale here. It will likely be better on icy days than my tanker. I don't think it is the WC construction but that would be great!

There ya go, Slopetool... Maybe it will come back around again!

I just found these specs for the "White" 2011 f2 Eliminator WC. I looks like it may be the "World Cup" carbon/titanium after all.

A metal board with vario camber??? I could actually get a taste of modern technology...Can't wait to get it and see.

post-182-141842373507_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

SO I finally got the Eliminator in the mail.

Top sheet looks brand new, Edges look brand new, base looks to have 1 or 2 runs on it and has SKIMD tune!

It IS the World Cup Construction, ( titanium and carbon ) and Harris even shipped it in a custom fleece "Board Snuggie"! :)

It sure feels heavy and damp compared to my Tankers, and 165 looks so tiny...I haven't ridden a board this small since the 90's!

Now all I need is some snow!

post-182-141842374069_thumb.jpg

SO I finally got the Eliminator in the mail.

Top sheet looks brand new, Edges look brand new, base looks to have 1 or 2 runs on it and has SKIMD tune!

It IS the World Cup Construction, ( titanium and carbon ) and Harris even shipped it in a custom fleece "Board Snuggie"! :)

It sure feels heavy and damp compared to my Tankers, and 165 looks so tiny...I haven't ridden a board this small since the 90's!

Now all I need is some snow!

I've got one of these. Super-damp, rides like a metal carving board. Ultimate edge hold through chatter/ice/chop!

• 1 month later...

Not yet....really....

I had it out a few weeks ago at Sunapee, but in lousy-dark-cold-icy-chopped-up-barely open top to bottom conditions. :(

I got some really good heel side carves and it totally sucked up the bumps compared to my Tankers, but my toeside turns were terrible. Gotta tweak the bindings closer to center and mess with the boot location on the bindings as well...overall it feels MUCH wider and longer than it is...

I swapped over to my tanker 192 that day, but it pretty much sucked worse on the ice so I elected to retire to the bar and Pats game.

Hopefully I'll get out this weekend or next and get her dialed in on some decent groom...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the Eliminator 165 dialed in yesterday ( centered boots in the bindings properly...duh ) and all I can say is WOW! I does quick crossunder carves almost by itself and has incredible edge hold for such a tiny board. It hooks up easily in carves...all the way through with very little effort. Feels like a much longer board. This is my first metal deck and it's true...it sucks up the bumps and is much MUCH more forgiving and way easier to carve than my Tankers or Mavericks. The trick F2 base glides better and is faster riding flat than anything I've ridden other than my 173 factory prime with electra base, But this board feels SOLID and STABLE and just blows through the crud...not squirelly at all. I never rode a metal "schtubby" but it must feel very similar.

I was riding in the foggy spring like conditions with my kids so I couldn't really open it up, but I can't wait to get it back on the hill!

Sorry, I'm definately going to keep it! :)