Note to New Members ×

Advice for begginer

Viz

Hi, i've been riding freestyle/all mountain boards for like 14years now and i just get sicked of it. I want to buy an alpine setup, but am

not sure what length of board is right for me. Im 175cm(5,7feet) tall and my weight is 79Kg(174 lb). From where i live (czech,europe) the only

available brand is F2, so im considering F2 silberpfeil 09/10 or 10/11 in 163cm length with F2 intec titanium binding.

Should i go for 168cm instead of 163?

Should i take intec over nonintec binding?

I will be greatful for any advice, thanks!

I like the Silbers... You'll be fine on both lengths. 163 would probably turn tighter, while 168 will have more stabillity (still turns tight).

Losts of people love Intecs, I personally wouldn't touch them...

You've got the good quality Chok alpine boards, made right there in your country! Buy at discount at factory outlet?

My brother in law (American guy who married a Czech) lives in Brno - small world! Welcome to Bomber! Given the choice, I think a 168 will be a little more versatile, while on the 163 you'll find yourself turning small, and will have a lower speed at which you can still carve without losing the edge.

What they said.

Weight-wise, I've not ridden that specific F2. The specs for the standard 2012-13 version suggest 70+ Kgs => 168cm, and I think they will have it right.

I love the F2 Intec bindings and have used them since the day they came out without any hassle. I find the lock very positive and the in/out very handy. Either version will work fine.

I love the F2 Intec bindings and have used them since the day they came out without any hassle. I find the lock very positive and the in/out very handy. Either version will work fine.
For recreational use, they work great. The step-in convenience can't be beat, I will never go back to conventional bindings again. Imagine getting stuck on a flat - pull on the release, skate until it's downhill again, step-in on the move. Cruise off a lift and step in, leave your softie friends in the dust, alternately your skier friends never have to wait any more.