Note to New Members ×

N.i.c.e. 2013

Pusbag

Ok we have finalized NICE for the dates of jan 14-20 2013. It will be a lot like previous years with early loads, clinics, demos, racing and lots of social opportunities. Discount tickets and lodging will be available too. Stay tuned for more information.

Early loads really help with the picture. Garret the buster only rides 2 maybe 3 weeks out of the year
Yea amazing rider for sure. Just imagine if he rode a 100 days a year like I do. Makes me think I should be riding better than I do.

Dates yet to be posted but after such a fun organizer meeting last summer, we will be hosting a campout @ green bay. Hopefully some gas $ will convince kram to pull some wakeboarders or alpine boards on water perhaps. I will coordinate with kram for the right weekend I am thinking in early september.

That was really a great day last summer.I would like to respectfully ask that it not be held July 6 or 7 as I'm directing the Wallace Omnium those days.Sunday the 8th or a bit later would be cool as heck,because that would be a great way to de-stress and celebrate being done with the race.Besides,isn't there still ice on the shore until about then ;-)

Yea amazing rider for sure. Just imagine if he rode a 100 days a year like I do. Makes me think I should be riding better than I do.

I've thought the same thing myself... As long as I've been doing this, I should be better than I am. But, I know you are an awesome rider Russ, and certainly no whimp! Just have fun doing what you are doing... And honestly, I will say, those with your spirit and love of snow sliding doesn't exist in many!

I've thought the same thing myself... As long as I've been doing this, I should be better than I am. But, I know you are an awesome rider Russ, and certainly no whimp! Just have fun doing what you are doing... And honestly, I will say, those with your spirit and love of snow sliding doesn't exist in many!
Wow what a nice thing to say about me! I am honored to know you Kathy. Hope maybe you and Ed will come to our campout. I am shooting for sept 8-9. Waiting to hear back from kram to finalize campout. Figured early sept would still be warm yet not as busy as middle of summer. That way most of us might be able to make it. The campsites are free and there is outhouses and parking close by. It will also be a goodtime to organize next years event. Hoping you will get to help us again. Was great having you this year that's for sure. Edited by Pusbag

Is this going to be a family event?
Most definitely. Kids and dog friendly. Great swimming and cliff jumping if that's your thing. Tanya and I will be scuba diving some as well and could let some newbies try it. It will also be tanyas b day.

If he's in, then count me in too! Maybe I can hitch a ride. :ices_ange
Will be worth your drive and you can be part of the organizer meeting to. Though I am mainly looking forward to the fun. Will post directions at beginning of september.

• 2 months later...
Ok we have finalized NICE for the dates of jan 14-20 2013. It will be a lot like previous years with early loads, clinics, demos, racing and lots of social opportunities. Discount tickets and lodging will be available too. Stay tuned for more information.

Newbie here. Have a Kemper Apex, been riding this now old board since 1992 when bought used. Really looking to find out about newer things. Wondering how this event compares with Aspen. It would fit better into my schedule to do this event. Did I map it right and see this is about 2 hours from Spokane? (or is there better place to fly into).

I see you may have not done all the planning yet, Sept? I'm in Michigan so a trip no matter where I go.

Welcome to Bomber Rhaeske!! I just met with some of the guys from NICE and you will have a blast. These guys are allot of fun and are MOST helpful.

Probably not to be compared to the Mother of all alpine events though. ASPEN or SES is the big show, hundreds of riders, demos etc. Put on buy Bomber Industries and many of the largest players are there. The good thing is you have plenty of time to get caught up and ask questions before either of these events.

The Kemper is a fun board , however allot has changed since it was made. Definitely for the better. Enjoy!!

PS, Why am I NOT surprised you are an engineer?? :) I think you will look back and be very glad you found BOL. Lots of smart folks here that love the alpine sport of snowboarding. Big time!!

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

So Bryan... Can we expect to see you for NICE too? You really aren't that far.... Ah, come on.... You know you want to! The early loads just make it all worth while! And I don't think you'd need to worry so much about the ankle jamming ruts that gobbled me up last year! (note to self: do NOT jam on the brakes and skid out a turn when approaching a rut!)

So Bryan... Can we expect to see you for NICE too? You really aren't that far.... Ah, come on.... You know you want to! The early loads just make it all worth while! And I don't think you'd need to worry so much about the ankle jamming ruts that gobbled me up last year! (note to self: do NOT jam on the brakes and skid out a turn when approaching a rut!)

Kathy, I would very much like to attend. It will depend on how I am doing around that time. Sorry, I have to wait and see.

Sure was nice having Ed visit. Hope the rest of his trip went well. I am going to break out another "Cold Smoke" Scotch Ale and think of snow!!