Note to New Members ×

N.i.c.e. 2013

Pusbag

Ok, fair enough... As long as you keep it in mind! We have a new marketing guy at my area, and he is making sure we can't get winter out of our minds! Daily Facebook flooding with powder pictures and stuff! It's getting harder to wait for winter than I ever remember....

Newbie here. Have a Kemper Apex, been riding this now old board since 1992 when bought used. Really looking to find out about newer things. Wondering how this event compares with Aspen. It would fit better into my schedule to do this event. Did I map it right and see this is about 2 hours from Spokane? (or is there better place to fly into).I see you may have not done all the planning yet, Sept? I'm in Michigan so a trip no matter where I go.
Our Nice event has a attendance of 40 us or so people from all across the USA and maybe a few Canadians. There is a daily schedule so you can catch up with us. A typical day starts with a freeride period then a photo or video session followed with lunch and more freeriding. Then some after-hours drinking and bull****ting. Some days there will be clinics or early loads or race course all set up for us.: Along with demos during the week long event.Our event is more personal but the highlight of my Snowboard season. The attendees are the most passionate dedicated fun loving group of people I know and I can't wait to see them next year. I will ask others to now chime in on there take of our event. Have a great summer!

Newbie here. Have a Kemper Apex, been riding this now old board since 1992 when bought used. Really looking to find out about newer things. Wondering how this event compares with Aspen. It would fit better into my schedule to do this event. Did I map it right and see this is about 2 hours from Spokane? (or is there better place to fly into).I see you may have not done all the planning yet, Sept? I'm in Michigan so a trip no matter where I go.
Oops forgot to answer your questions. Yes fly into Spokane with a 2 hour or less drive to Schweitzer. The dates have been set since April with Schweitzer resort and is part of there event schedule for the season. We mainly are having the campout in September as an excuse to get together. We will discuss about the event any changes or things we want to do different. We will talk about if we want to add anything new but I believe it is ironed out nicely.

hey guys, hope the summer is going well. Are u still doing the campout in sept 8,9. Thinking about coming over for the day if gas prices arent to high.

Come on over mike camping is free. It takes about 7 hours or so to drive over from Seattle. Going to be a lot of fun.

Oops forgot to answer your questions. Yes fly into Spokane with a 2 hour or less drive to Schweitzer. The dates have been set since April with Schweitzer resort and is part of there event schedule for the season. We mainly are having the campout in September as an excuse to get together. We will discuss about the event any changes or things we want to do different. We will talk about if we want to add anything new but I believe it is ironed out nicely.

Great info, glad to see somebody noticed a new message on this older post. If I end up doing this trip I would fly there on Sat or Sun. (12 or 13th) and leave on Wed or Thurs. to fly to Las Vegas and meet my wife there. If I do the Sat to Thurs could get in 4 good days of riding, with hopefully several days with demo's.

To help with Budgeting, is there anything special set-up with lodging or is pretty much everybody on their own. Or is there a certain place most in the group stay. What is people's experience with ground transportation from airport, would rather not rent a car.

Kathy, I would very much like to attend. It will depend on how I am doing around that time. Sorry, I have to wait and see.

Sure was nice having Ed visit. Hope the rest of his trip went well. I am going to break out another "Cold Smoke" Scotch Ale and think of snow!!

That was awesome to see you and Leo the Great Dane! haha That was a great time hanging out like old times. I'll stay in touch, buddy! I had a wonderful trip to see the family and my class reunion in Canby was a blast! Enjoy those Cold Smokes! I'll bring more next time, bro!

That was awesome to see you and Leo the Great Dane! haha That was a great time hanging out like old times. I'll stay in touch, buddy! I had a wonderful trip to see the family and my class reunion in Canby was a blast! Enjoy those Cold Smokes! I'll bring more next time, bro!

Hey Ed, glad you had a great trip!! It was really good to see you again bro!! Please come again soon! I hope to have better accommodations for your next visit. Glad to hear you are home safe and sound!! Bryan

Leo said to "Say Hi". post-198-141842370278_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Great info, glad to see somebody noticed a new message on this older post. If I end up doing this trip I would fly there on Sat or Sun. (12 or 13th) and leave on Wed or Thurs. to fly to Las Vegas and meet my wife there. If I do the Sat to Thurs could get in 4 good days of riding, with hopefully several days with demo's.

To help with Budgeting, is there anything special set-up with lodging or is pretty much everybody on their own. Or is there a certain place most in the group stay. What is people's experience with ground transportation from airport, would rather not rent a car.

Hey, good to see someone looking into their first N.I.C.E.! The local crew does an awesome job organizing the event, and there's a really great group vibe. Also, unlike SES, the rider numbers are such that you'll be able to talk to/ride with pretty much everyone there -- I don't know the exact number, but I would guess maybe 40-ish riders over the course of the week.

In prior years there has been a group condo rental, but it's dependent on getting enough people on board, which hasn't always happened. The hotels in Sandpoint are pretty cheap, and most people tend to collect at two or three hotels in town -- you'll probably see people post here as we get closer to the event. I think that Days Inn was one of the primary hotels last year...I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Sandpoint before -- they have the best free breakfast, but are also the most expensive.

You're probably stuck on ground transportation from the airport -- I looked into a shuttle last year, and found that it's cheaper to rent a car for 4 days. The only alternative would be if you can hook up with someone who's driving into NICE on your dates from Spokane. The car rental worked out pretty reasonable for me. I saved money by renting a 2WD with traction control rather than springing for a 4WD rental. That's worked out OK -- you can park at the bottom of the mountain and catch a shuttle up the road to Schweitzer, which is the only road where you're likely to need 4WD. Anyway, you're from Michigan, so I'm sure you'll be fine driving on snowy roads :)

Hope to see you out there in January!

Great answer Dan! Hopefully we will have enough people interested in the on mountain condo we rent. Will post updates later when season gets going about the condo and NICE festivities. Will be in Portland area on Monday and Tuesday lets maybe do lunch or something?

Great answer Dan! Hopefully we will have enough people interested in the on mountain condo we rent. Will post updates later when season gets going about the condo and NICE festivities. Will be in Portland area on Monday and Tuesday lets maybe do lunch or something?

Let me know if you make a time and place. I would like to join in?

What are your plans in the Portland Area. Need a place to camp?? Bryan

Let me know if you make a time and place. I would like to join in? What are your plans in the Portland Area. Need a place to camp?? Bryan
visiting my Daughter in hazeldell. Would be up for a little get together./ What is Dans schedule maybe it will need to be after normal work hours./

visiting my Daughter in hazeldell. Would be up for a little get together./ What is Dans schedule maybe it will need to be after normal work hours./

Hey Russ! It would be great to see you in Portland. I could definitely catch up either Monday or Tuesday (August 20/21, right?). I can take a long lunch either day, or if it's handy for you to make it into Portland in the evening, it would be great to do happy hour/dinner.

Bryan, definitely hope that you can join in too!

• 3 weeks later...
So, what exactly are the final dates for September camping / meeting? September is quickly approaching!
So the campout is on September eighth Friday to Sunday the10th, hopefully mark will be able to supply the ski boat I will supply some gas money on Saturday along with our Nice meeting. The camping is free with great swimming and a outhouse. Hope you can still make it ED and kathy sorry about the delayed answer. You should be able to Google green bay lake pend orielle for driving directions. I will also put up some paper plate signs. Please let me know if you are coming or need driving directions. So looking forward to seeing everyone!