Note to New Members ×

2012 injuries.....

hoffmac11

its been over a month and a half since i hucked a cliff, buried the nose of my board and took a quick tumble and took one in the rear from a not so soft rock and i can still only sit normal for 10 minutes..im pretty sure i broke my coccyx(tailbone) but theres nothing a doc can do..the bruise covered both cheeks and it was definitely a conversation piece.i waited a month before i rode again, but thats all i could wait since we are finally getting snow, but man, every time i slip out heel side..o my f-ing god...i have to lay there for at least 5-10 minutes almost about to cry..and whats funny, i did the cliff two times before, but apparently 3rd times the charm..but it could have been prevented easily..first, i should have done a better job looking at the landing area,and the when i do fall and tumble down the mountain where do i go area? and of course, dont go off cliffs when were only 16% snow fall.

so who else has gotten hurt this year?

Twisted my ankle at the ECES on Friday, minor fall playing in the egde of the woods that pulled just right on my foot. I almost had to have help when I got to the lot getting my boot off. Worst part is I missed the best weekend of the year here in vermont and it looks like warm weather will be here before I can go back out.

Stuffed it at Louise last week, demolished my L collarbone. I had decided to take the year off and this is what I get for not listening to myself.

This looks a *lot* like my left clavicle looked in 2007 (?) my doctor did not think it would heal normally on its own and so I elected to have a plate installed to encourage it. The upside of that, was that I was back on snow in six weeks (and got a cool scar to boot!). Heal well!

Edited by queequeg

The doctor said she saw at least five pieces, but it's still way too many. She didn't want to open me up as there is a bunch of little pieces that she feared would fall out. I have to go see her in a couple of weeks to see where it is at. I'm almost 1.5 inches shorter from the centerline on that side and I have a huge lump in the center of the normal collarbone location . I am going to push for a plate, I can't wear a harness at work like this as it would sit right on top of that lump, and I can't work without a harness. I just finished a job a couple of days before I did this and it looks like I won't be able to work for two or three months, so it will be a while until I can get back to work. The suckiest part is I can't even play PS3 yet, thank god for netfix. I also hope it won't eat too much of the bike season on me, there are too many cool trips pending.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, I appreciate the kind words.