Note to New Members ×

Thanks

I just wanted to thank everybody at Bomber on behalf of Doug M and I for holding another terrific session this year and helping to improve our carving skills. Special thanks to Jorg and Anna of Pure Boarding for helping me keep my knees bent on toeside. A big thanks to Angie helping me on toeside by pretending to hold an orange between hip/rib. Thanks to Norm for riding with me and teaching me to flex my board more on heelside by attempting to tuck my back knee into the front leg. Thanks to Sean and Kenny for changing my stance (went from 20 inches to 19 inches) and for changing the cant/lift discs to be more in line with the boots rather than the long axis of the board. I know wider is suppose to be better, but the narrower stance allowed me to flex the board more making my turns quicker and slowing me down a bit. Finally, a big thanks to Fin and Michelle for helping me tune my new BTS springs which allowed me to flex and enjoy riding a hell of a lot more.

Guys, I have only been carving for 2 1/2 years, but felt that this year I made some quantum leaps. On behalf of Doug, I know he will be extreme carving the slopes of Powderhorn for weeks to come due to EC clinic taught by Paul (Superman). Again, thanks for the great session.

I would like to say thank you Michelle and Fin as well. Another SES put into the books. And thank you to all the sponsors.

Great clinics, big thank you to Richard, such great instructor. Thank you Tom W., and Kevin ( Fisherman) and the Crazy Monkey for helping me out there.

Not easy to learn and watching you ripping there makes some of us see that there is reward.

Thank you.

Safe home in New Zealand as I write this. Having trouble wiping the grin off my face after 9 days in a row carving in Aspen. I learned so much, and made friends with people I had only corresponded with on Bomber.

I will be back for more. But I'm not sure I will ever top the experiences of my first SES. WOW! You had to be there to understand.

Thanks especially to Fin and his team at Bomber, all the sponsors, but also to everyone I had the pleasure of riding with and talking to.

SunSurfer (aka Alan, the Kiwi, in red, with the fluffy thing on the back of his helmet)

What the #�*%k was that?

Came home yesterday from the best week of snowboarding I ever had. (And there were many.)

There were these perfect conditions and the great atmosphere that made me falling in love with Aspen. It was very nice to meet the carvers from all over the world. A great experience. It was all very easy, relaxed and driven by fun. That was my overall feeling in general. The people in Aspen seemed to be very open and interested in "our" riding and in our boards. I had so many interesting and funny conversations, I could fill the "lift line" thread just by myself.

Just two of them:

Shuttle bus from Aspen Meadows to Ajax:

Bus Driver: "So, you guys are are carvin' it up there today! I am a carver too. My name is Bob. I would love to hit the slopes with you guys today." Very nice experience. Bob, if you read this: Go out there, and carve it up.

On Ruthie's we have passed a couple. I guess they were both in the mid 70s. It was in the afternoon and we made a stop to catch breath. They directly skied into our driection and stopped right above us. I expected them to complain. It might have been that some fellas came too close while passing. The only thing, the man said:"C'mon guys, now you give us a show! I want to see more of that riding."

Saving money for 2013