Note to New Members ×

SkES 2012 Daily Rub In!

two_ravens

Here they are, a portrait of longevity. These mittens are well into their 4th season (and 2nd roll of duct tape) so we’ll claim points now for their first three seasons.

Mmmmmm! Rabbit, our official sniff tester, says they smell just like something died in there at least 3 years ago. :eek::eek::eek: Perfect corroboration! :biggthump

post-6122-141842359497_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842359516_thumb.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are at the Hole Bagel, just 2 blocks from SkES House and right at the base of Snow King! Yummy, toasty bagels - the perfect lunch for a lazy day off!

[ATTACH]29338[/ATTACH]

Love how you are wearing Track 225s with BTS to lunch on an 'off' day :biggthump

BTW your daily rub-in is so much better than the SES threads. Those yokels who went to Aspen really need to step up their reporting game.

BTW your daily rub-in is so much better than the SES threads. Those yokels who went to Aspen really need to step up their reporting game.

True True....these guys are slacking this year.

BTW, the fuschia onesie would hold it's own in Aspen, especially in town for apres ski at the Sky Bar!

Love how you are wearing Track 225s with BTS to lunch on an 'off' day :biggthump

Raichles with BTS are our most favorite walking shoes - that's what we always wear when walking over to Snow King! :)

This "report" is the best. I came up saturday morning but got hit with the "sickness" cause unknown. suddenly couldn't hold anything down, trouble focusing etc... took 5 hours to drive home. Maybe next weekend...

Don, sorry you couldn't make it for SkES - hope to see you soon though! It's fun having another carver on the hill, and monoskis rock!!! :biggthump

Edited by two_ravens
spelling

duct tape mitts and dogs

southern montucky and asspen are worlds apart

Yeah, that duct tape on my mitts got me in trouble last year at ASSpen when the ticket office made a mistake and my ticket didn't work the last day. They kept looking at my mittens and trying to run me off for trying to 'scam' a 'free' ticket and were really unbelievably rude. They were pretty quiet when I came back a few minutes later with all my receipts, but weren't really any more polite...... :angryfire

Oh, happy day! We get our passes back, the lifts will be spinning again today, and it looks like there is an inch or so of fresh - let’s hope the groomers got that rolled down nicely.

But wait! What’s going on out on the deck?!?!? :confused:

Oh, my heck! It’s a perfectly carved 360!!!!! :biggthump:biggthump

post-6122-141842359597_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842359601_thumb.jpg

We get da picture(s).

It's snowing pissloads out west.

Glad da King remains open to host your legendary carvefeast this season. And congrats on the 360. Near perfect form. That conscientious edge maintenance really pays off...

At the banquet, please say a word for us flake-starved spirits out on the southeastern hardboot'n frontier..

BB :cool:

p.s. when you've recuped from SKES, please email me @ youngmrtbury at att dot net. got a potentially fun business preposition for ya

Edited by boarderboy

Well, we make a few scratches in the lumpy groom on Cougar Lane 4 and then Holy Land. Pretty rough conditions in spots - might have been a few skids in there somewhere. :(

We do worry about being able to find our boards on the rack after a little lunch break though - holy cow, how do we put up with all these crowds????? :flamethro

post-6122-141842359989_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842360001_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842360006_thumb.jpg

Apre carve, Rabbit votes that we stop in at the Hole Bagel again. She orders up a toasty breakfast bagel with bacon - YUM!!! And friendly proprietor Kohl gets a nice fresh Bomber Card - yes, you soft booting bagel pusher - come to the dark side....! Bwahahahaha!!
Shouldn't you get points for bringing people over to our side?

The carving crew gets fired up with a Radness Yell at the top of Lane 7. That’s right! Check us out!!!

Wow, this is what we dream of - Lane 7 in hero conditions and no race course in our way, and yet...... the light is so flat you only know your board is on the snow by the sound it makes. :( Well, we’ll have a go at it anyway.

post-6122-141842360135_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184236014_thumb.jpg

OK, we got in a few good turns, but then the snow snakes hiding in the flat light got us. It’s that deceptive light where you think you can see, until you get up to speed and realize a little too late that you can’t actually see anything. The only good news is we pulled off a nice Zero 2 Hero maneuver in the soft snow, but after that we started racking up the penalties like crazy. :(

post-6122-141842360143_thumb.jpg

Oh, let me count the ways to lose points: pat the dog (we were trying to find the slope that we couldn’t see), left a side zip open and filled our pant leg with snow (man, I hate it when that happens!) and then we wiped out big time. At least we didn’t lose any duct tape......

Grrrr. With shoulder aching, pride bruised and eyes feeling strained, we decide to hang it up until night skiing. Maybe the visibility will be better with lights....

post-6122-141842360152_thumb.jpg