Note to New Members ×

187 Tanker

NWboarder

Well I did... against my wife's direct orders, I did it.

I now own and will finally soon posses a 187 Rad Air Tanker. Without warning I stumbled across it on ebay and the guy lives not 2.5 hrs from me. Made an offer and the deal was sealed. Be ready for a barrage of Tanker posts :biggthump

Did you get it from someone west of the Cascades? Someone bought the one that was at Baker last week, it was a 01'/02' white topsheet w/blue stripe.

Board is in Rossland, red stripe. Just bought it this morning on eBay. He didnt have it listed correctly so if one was to do a general search for 170cm + boards it wouldn't show up. I typed in Rad Air Tanker last night for the heck of it and there she was. Near new. Heading to pick it up and hit Red Mt. with it. Join me?

that's some fine riding on that website :biggthump

Thanks!! My guess is you are talking about the Mt Rose video of James Ong?

Good times.

Going to the ice racing this weekend?? Have fun:biggthump

I need to get to work on my websites one of these days. Too many irons in the fire STILL.

alright evan! you will love it. i have had one for several years now and it's the most versatile board i have ever owned. rails on groom, floats on pow. lightweight, nice and quick edge to edge despite the width and for big guys like us, it's just proportionally a good fit.

hardboot or softboot receptive (i soft boot mine with high end flows).

i can't say enough good things.

two caveats that come to mind; thin base that will only grind so many times and when you choose to ride anothr board, you'll often wish you were on your tanker!

Man! Should have gotten one a long time ago I guess. I already feel I may neglect my beloved SG after taking this thing out... kind of like a first child feels after its younger (bigger, shinier, more versatile) sibling is born.

I promise to spread the shred equality amungst my dear boards (4 and counting with one on the way).

If you like Tankers, be sure to try out Sean's new Hazelwood. He'll have two sizes, a 185 and two different 200s to demo at the SES. Fun, fun, fun boards to ride in many different conditions. Plus, they are burly. Can't say the same about the two tankers I have owned...

How did we know Jim was going to rain on this parade? Jim plays hard with his toys. :smashfrea

Yes, with a few thousand tankers out there, some (especially those riding plates) are going to get broke.

Sean and others are wise to build some longboards that will hold up to plates. Thanks Sean!!:D

Will you tell us about it when you break the Hazelwood? :rolleyes:

Rode the piss out of mine today on plates, even managed to air out some of my transitions, this is a super, awesome, rugged, fun board, and was perfect for the soft groom at lovey today! I really enjoyed the small playful sidecut.

mario