Note to New Members ×

Decent workouts.

Tugboater

Well as I'm back on the boat for the next 2 weeks I realize I need to do more to improve my core and leg strength. So I'm asking you more experienced riders for simple exercises I can do with out any additional equipment. I do hit the elliptical daily but I'm going to change it to the bike (more leg and my cardio is pretty good). Please keep in mind I have very limited space (my room is 64 SF) and that most of the time my environment is moving to some degree.

Thanks for any advice,

Tug

Actually here is a video of the boat I'm on right now just to get an idea of what we're working with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxsDjOW2I0

wall sits would be more for endurance, squats for strength.

you could also do a combination, if you have a semi slippery wall, you can lean against it, and do squats with your back against it, while holding some weight if you can.

this would sort off replicate hack squats. it can also be done by putting a skateboard or something with wheels between your back and the wall to slide up and down.

then core exercises, crunches, reverse crunches, leg raises, back extensions if you can, also, stiff leg dead lifts, (bending over at the waist, with your back straight or arched, not rounded with stiff but not locked knees) for lower back and hamstrings.

if you are doing all of that, some calf raises (one leg), pushups, pull ups and if possible dips, to work your whole body some..

depends how far into it you want to get.

also, stretching should be included.

This site is in dutch but may be you can use google translator. I do this exercises three times a week. You only need 3 square meters, a stair, a pair of shoes and your own bodyweight. Just warm up by taking the stairs a few times or just dribble at one place for 5 minutes. You'll feel the results within 2 weeks time.

http://www.voorkomblessures.nl/csi/websitesportblessure.nsf/wwwVwContent/6154A84FDDC80033C125737F0065212E

This site is in dutch but may be you can use google translator. I do this exercises three times a week. You only need 3 square meters, a stair, a pair of shoes and your own bodyweight. Just warm up by taking the stairs a few times or just dribble at one place for 5 minutes. You'll feel the results within 2 weeks time.

http://www.voorkomblessures.nl/csi/websitesportblessure.nsf/wwwVwContent/6154A84FDDC80033C125737F0065212E

BTW Hans: Thanks for the exercise with the bench jumps. You could show the link here in this thread. I cannot find it anymore.

Meanwhile I am doing three sets with 22-20 jumps right after doing squats (3 sets 70kgs 20-15 repeats)