Note to New Members ×

Rally at the Thunder Dome '12

dingbat

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark,

I was wondering: would it be possible to set up a small gate-course for folks to go through somewhere? Doesn't need to be anything large or expansive, and we can set it ourselves (I can set if need be). Having been at the event last year, I know that there was plenty of space available. I think it would be a lot of fun for people, and provide a great opportunity to learn together. Slowest time buys beers!

I checked with our racing department. We'll have to play it by ear. This is the last weekend they have to train before the J-4 championships, and there are only so many spots we can set on the hill, so we may not be able to get the slope space.

Sorry - late to the party, but I'll be there. Either Sat, Sun or both.

lafcadio/Mike

Ace/Chris

Scrapster/Mark

Atom Ant/Mitch

Scott Grey

Jonny

Mellow Yellow

Ken

Griff/Ed Griffin

Kevin Arruda

Bobby Armstrong

Craig Damaschi

Jeff Hall

Bobby Buggs

Drew Chong

Jskyhawk/Johnathan Van Skyhawk

Nina Griffin

David/Pow4ever

AMK

PointBreak

jimcheen

Queequeg

If Mellow gets to the airport on time, we'll see you all Saturday afternoon.

lafcadio/Mike

Ace/Chris

Scrapster/Mark

Atom Ant/Mitch

Scott Grey

Jonny

Mellow Yellow

Ken

Griff/Ed Griffin

Kevin Arruda

Bobby Armstrong

Craig Damaschi

Jeff Hall

Bobby Buggs

Drew Chong

Jskyhawk/Johnathan Van Skyhawk

Nina Griffin

David/Pow4ever

AMK

PointBreak

jimcheen

Queequeg

Paulk

Conditions update:

It's raining this evening. Supposed to turn to snow for a few inches at the end. Could go either way. I'd suggest bringing your waterproof big boy pants and an all mountain board as back-up.

In any event, the Crazy Horse opens at Noon so if it's miserable you won't have to put up with it for long.:ices_ange

Conditions update:

It's raining this evening. Supposed to turn to snow for a few inches at the end. Could go either way. I'd suggest bringing your waterproof big boy pants and an all mountain board as back-up.

Dude, WTF? :nono: If you can't say something nice...

Or are you just hoping for some slushy mushy stuff so you can bring the Sooool Fun out to play? ;) :cool:

Mark - are you likely to be able to post in the AM on driving conditions? I'm wondering what will happen to the roads if it gets cold enough to freeze. Not worried about the hill, just about getting there...

Had a chance to try that plate yet?

Thanks! Jonny

Conditions update:

In any event, the Crazy Horse opens at Noon so if it's miserable you won't have to put up with it for long.:ices_ange

Oh good..... just like home...

What is this all mountain board you speak of.... all I gots is my ol' schtub

Bad news. The hill will be closed today. We have gusts of 55-70mph on the way. Sorry for the late update, but I just found out.

I will be here. My direct line is (413) 339-6617 x 306. If I'm not in my office I'll probably be by customer service x305 or x309.

Edited by dingbat

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Other carving events may have things like, fancy lifts that run, groomed trails, and ski areas that are what you might call "open", but the Rally had some kick-ass people show up today.

I had a great time. If tomorrow is better, it'll be absolutely stellar.:biggthump

Awesome time at the Rally yesterday! Thanks again, Mark, for putting on this event and doing everything in your power to make it happen, despite Mother Nature not cooperating. Bribing us with free drinks wasn't at all necessary, but thanks for that also! Even though the lifts were not running, winds were howling and trees falling, the runs were well groomed and except for a few tele skiers, we owned the place!

At one point the wind was so bad (or good?) it was "helping" us up the hill and even blew snow over some of our trenches from earlier runs (no lifts, but self groomed runs at the BEast). :D

We even had a Pure Boarding clinic with Joerg -- tells you something when the man prefers to hike and ride with the Rally, rather than go to another mountain that has silly gimmicks like running lifts. "You must earn your turns!" Oh... we did.

Thanks to Ski Patrol who ensured we didn't have to hike every run.

And also a big THANK YOU to Jose, his "new" Suburu and his amazing off-roading skills, we were able to extend our carving late into the day when everyone was too wiped out to hike up again! :biggthump Glad you made it back alive, Jose. :rolleyes:

My only regret is that I cannot be there today. I hope you all have a fantastic day. I'm sure I'll see most of you at ECES over the next 5 days.

Carve on!

Other carving events may have things like, fancy lifts that run, groomed trails, and ski areas that are what you might call "open", but the Rally had some kick-ass people show up today.

Mark, don't sell yourself short. We absolutely had groomed runs. I was pleasantly surprised that even though the place was closed, the groomers were out there dodging falling trees, risking their lives, laying out the corduroy for us. I hope you don't get too much grief for all the trenches. :D

Mark,

Thanks for putting this together, my first time hard-booting was awesome! Everyone was so friendly and encouraging. Joerg was really great and spent the whole morning working with us and I feel incredibly lucky for the experience. My only regret is that I had to head back early, I am completely converted to hard boots.

Sure was luxurious with the lifts running today!

Drew, glad you made it. You're the guy this event is all about. Looking forward to seeing you ripping trenches.:biggthump

Mark, I spoke with ski patrol. They're going to send you a bill for the pole and replace the "Trails Merging" sign with one that says "Scrappy Coco Crossing".

Great day guys, thanks for coming out.:biggthump