Note to New Members ×

BX board (my Palmer Crown)- can i plate it?

drummr25

Just looking for some advice...i have some TD-3's that i use on my FLC- and i'm curious to know how things might be on the Palmer with my hardboots. Anyone here familiar enough with that board (Palmer Crown 161..) to know if it would be a good idea? This is my "softie" set up, and currently has Burton Cartels on it.

I ride all my boards with plates. If you ride it the way the knuckeldraggers do. It will fill funny, cause the boots are stiffer and I think they are a little higher up on the calf. But if you position them a little forward like a carving board. It will be a blast

Try it, if you don't like it switch back

i ride the crown...

you could certainly put the plates on it, but I'm not sure why youd want to...

for my money I'd get the new bomber risers...

Sorry for the newb question...but what "risers" are you talking about? I didn't see anything in the bomber store...

I guess i just like the stiffness of the hardboots- but maybe my softies just need to be replaced with new stiffer soft boots. But i love the idea of being able to just step in & out with my new TD-3's...so that's why i was considering the switch. But on the Palmer...i like to hit occasional jumps & stuff...so that might not be too great with hardboots- anyone with experience there? :smashfrea

Here's the Bomber Power Plate (for softies)

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Power-Plate-System--available-late-January-2012_p_181.html

If you want to go hardboots and ride higher angles the UPZ ATBs would probably rule for that. They are really soft front to back so you can suck up a landing, but laterally stiff enough to carve. I tested them out at NES last weekend and found I could carve respectably, I'll be riding steep off piste this weekend at Kicking Horse, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Cheers,

Dave