Note to New Members ×

Ottawa 2011/12

CaRtharsis

Super Bowl doesn't interest me as much as strapping on a snowboard and laughing from pure joy as I "carve" down a mountain.

Now that is a quotable quote! And before you think I am a bigger football fan than sliding-on-snow fan (I am not); I gotta say that I will be doing both on Sunday, ridin' my board during the day and watching for wardrobe malfunctions by night :rolleyes:.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... the snow at Cascades tonight was wick-ed! Firm and fast and totally not icy. My riding was all over the place... I went from a great, smooth run down the steepest part to catching my toe edge when I braked on a flat section to let a skier paralleling me go by. I haven't done that in... a long *slam* time. Felt like such a noob :P

Cheers!

Well... not entirely, but it sure wouldn't help your 'rep' :P

Rules to successful snowboarding:

1. Keep the downhill edge off the snow when sliding downhill
  2. Keep the downhill edge off the snow when sliding downhill
  3. Keep the downhill edge off the snow when sliding downhill
  4. Smoke on the chairlift... chicks dig it

I have a "rep"? Finally! I have been honing that one for a while! Do you know how hard a person needs to work to be seen as a noob! Not easy at all.

As for the rules to successful snowboarding - as a chick, I have to say that the nothing primes me more for a run than guys smoking on the chairlift! :rolleyes:

Remind me to never go to Cascades on a Friday night...kid straightliners everywhere! Snow was awesome though...fast, hard and you could bite right in. Was going to go to the other side (with the steeps) but the line was ridiculous as they were only letting people on every other chair...shifty little double. Made awesome progress on technique and felt super confident.

Remind me to never go to Cascades on a Friday night...kid straightliners everywhere! Snow was awesome though...fast, hard and you could bite right in. Was going to go to the other side (with the steeps) but the line was ridiculous as they were only letting people on every other chair...shifty little double. Made awesome progress on technique and felt super confident.

For future reference never go to Cascades on a Friday night...kid straightliners everywhere!

The Mont Blanc trip for tomorrow, Sunday the 5th is still on, but discussion to finalize rides has been moved to email. If anyone else would like to come, give me a shout! 613-322-3250

So far we're five; Chris, Tabby, Ryan, myself, and a skier friend.

Cheers :)

Hi Ian, It was a pleasure to meet you and your team today, special thanks to the BIG guy, Chris on his VSR, he is a nice guy.

Feel free to advise us in the QC side section for your next Mont Blanc snow session : )

sb

I hope you'll enjoy the north side

Edited by nitros

Nitros, it was nice to meet you as well and we had a blast riding a new mountain. We'll hopefully make it up there a couple more times before the end of the season and we can get a QC/ON crew together. It's great seeing so many hardbooters!

^ Agreed! It was great to meet you Steve, and to see so many carvers. We'll definitely let you know when we can come up again. There is some great terrain there, my favorites were Suisse, Panoramique, Chablis, and Mambo. It seemed pretty busy today, is it ever quieter on weekends?

Cheers!

Edited by Ian M

Had a great time today. Looking forward to riding there again. Was great to see old faces and make the acquaintance of new ones. Next time we park on the North Side and hit those runs for the morning. That way if the lift breaks again we won't have to worry about making it back to the other side.

Hey ... it was great riding with everyone again. I learned a lot (as usual). I can't make tonight, but Thursday I will head to Vorlage for some decompression runs and then there is Sunday. Where are people headed? I am back on my Calabogie kick - what are others thinking? As an FYI ... I will probably head there anyway, but I am putting it out there should others feel they want to join me.

Hi All.

I managed to finally get out on my homey skulls board at fortune last night, all I can say is wow! the board worked! well! I took the time to adjust my bindings, do a couple of runs, adjust some more, and now my stance is dialed in.Now I need to work on my skills and technique. The board handled beautifully.

Lino thanks for the boots, I'm completely blown away at the difference between ski and snowboard boots, being the skepticle sort I assumed it was more marketing hype, and people justifying thier $600 expence, but they are night and day to the Dalbellos I tried earlier in the year. I will never go back to ski boots now.

Chris, my Cateks held together and show no signs of coming apart, but I probably didn't push as hard as you do. I will be looking them over fairly closely after hearing your experiance with them. I might not ride as hard as you, but I can crash fairly hard.

Brian, I need to talk to you about the intec step in parts you have, apparently I am not as flexable as I used to be, the kids on the hill already look at me and my board with odd expressions, I don't need to be flailing around on the ground in contorted positions trying to clamp in. Please send me and email or pm.

I'll probably not get very many more days this year out by myself, but maybe I'll be able to meet up with some of you at some point.

Later

Graham

^ Great news, Graham! Congrats! I do hope you can come out to ride sometime :)

Calabogie on Sunday sounds good to me. Love that place.

I won't be out ski racing at Cascades tonight kids, my head is an exploding mucus factory and I'm not a very happy camper :(

Brian, I need to talk to you about the intec step in parts you have, apparently I am not as flexible as I used to be. The kids on the hill look at me and my board with odd expressions. I don't need to be flailing around on the ground in contorted positions trying to clamp in. Please send me and email or pm.

Graham,

Congrads on getting that homey board to fly!

Email sent regarding extra parts. Now you know why Chris and I love our step-ins ;).

Cheers,

Brian

Well, I did get out to Cascades last night with my son. I saw one other carver on the hill as I arrived but he was not there when I was ready to ride so I will assume that person was not a Bomber On-line subscriber :).

Jay Peak for me this WE. They had ten INCHES of snow in the past week. Any one else wanna come?!!? I am leaving after breakfast Fri morn...