Note to New Members ×

Ottawa 2011/12

CaRtharsis

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want serious vertical - over 12-14,000 vertical feet?

Check out cat skiing around Marble Mountain!

http://www.catskiing.net/default.htm

Blomidon Cat Skiing. Website looks a little dated so I'm not sure if Glenn is still in business. When I patrolled at Marble Glenn would often invite some of us along for a day of riding and babysitting. If you had a good group the days were awesome. Free boarding and getting fed too!!

Just keep in mind Cat skiing in NL does not imply waist deep powder as it would in BC. Our snow is far to heavy for that.

^ Haha - that was pretty funny. This kid on a soft board lost his edge on the steep pitch, and slid all the way down the pitch headfirst on his stomach with his arms and board in the air. He got going pretty fast!

There are a lot of green dots beside names here, guys. Isn't it time to do some work? :rolleyes:. Right, off to play ping pong!

Please and thank you! Oh wait, I may have Superbowl "festivities"....I have no idea what's going on in that world.

Ian and his time machine again...Feb 5th it is;)

1. Ian!

2. Me (I'll confirm, confirm the next day but for now...yes) update 50/50

Time machine indeed! I'll put Tabby down because she is 'internet-less'.

1. Ian!

2. Ryan (I'll confirm, confirm the next day but for now...yes) update 50/50

3. Tabby

Oh, in terms of local riding, I'm thinking Cascades Monday and Thursday this week, but am flexible if someone would like to join me. (The only day I can't ride is Wednesday... ski racing at Edelweiss)

I (temporarily) have internet again - but lets not count our megabytes till they have downloaded. I will be at Vorlage tomorrow (Monday), the only day I am free this week - and I am SO DOWN for Mt. Blanc on Sunday!

I was at Camp Fortune this morning with Brian. The conditions were magical from 8:25 - 10:30. They held, but the crowds really did me in. Longest I have had to wait in a lift line this year - and I was in the single's line too. Great morning out. Thanks Brian!

Are you riding a white and blue coiler Tabatha? I thought I recognized you this morning but wasnt sure. I was soft booting with my daughtor, we strapped in at the top of allens alley at the same time. The crowds did get a little crazy, but changing runs and a strategicly placed lunch break eased the congestion a little.

Graham

Yes! I ride a blue Coiler and have bright blue pants. You should have said hi. Next time. Did you see the other guy on a carving board? I ran into someone at the top of Marshall as well, he was with two soft booters teaching them to carve.

As for strategically placed breaks - agreed. I went in for breakfast at 10:30am just as the big lessons started and then headed over to Skyline, where things were quieter (lessons don't tend to go down the blacks!)

Please and thank you! Oh wait, I may have Superbowl "festivities"....I have no idea what's going on in that world.

Ian and his time machine again...Feb 5th it is;)

Hi Ian et al,

Next Sun, I anticipate being comfortably installed in front of the big screen TV in the evening after a couple Sun AM lessons, but iffn you guys & gals catch Mt Blanc later in the season, count me in.

-Brian

I was soft booting with my daughtor, we strapped in at the top of Allen's Alley at the same time. Graham

Hi Graham,

I am at CF every Sat AM and quite often on Sun. I typically ride my Volkl carving board from opening until about 10 AM (as Tabby noted that when the crowds pick up - and I change into soft boots for teaching purposes...) so if you ever manage to get there earlier, lemme know and I will make some turns with you...

Cheers,

Brian

Hi gang,

Cascades tonight was good. Quite firm, but a little snow on top, so I wouldn't call it icy. I only rode for an hour and a half 'cause I forgot my:

• helmet
  • goggles
  • other goggles
  • neck warmer

Doh! :smashfrea On the bright side, there's a speed at which the wind blows the tears out of your eyes and you can see again :D. It has probably been 10 years since I rode without a helmet... sure felt weird! I liked the improvement in sound quality though.

Cheers!

I am still up for a trip to Mt. Blanc or Tremblant on Sunday. Super Bowl doesn't interest me as much as strapping on a snowboard and laughing from pure joy as I "carve" down a mountain. Let me know if others are still going / interested or I might have to make alternative plans ... like Pakenham???? :lol: