Note to New Members ×

Ottawa 2011/12

CaRtharsis

Wow... I got off work at 2pm today and was on the hill at 3! It's unreal how empty Cascades is until 4:30 or 5. Great 'snice', (snow w ice underneath) and having such a chill environment with no pylons or spectators really helped me to get in a good focused groove. Note to self - customize work schedule more often! :biggthump

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an FYI - Vorlage has moved to their "spring schedule" already which means that night skiing ends next week. You may wish to check your night passes as well. This also means that the night passes are now good on weeneds during the day.

Last night the conditions were not that bad. Very first and slow, a nice quiet night working on body position and just enjoying being outside after a few days off the board. Anyone up for Thursday night?

I'm off until Friday, when I'll ride at Calabogie with my parents. Thanks though!

A new board is in the works - I'm on Bruce's list for a 177cm Nirvana for late summer XD. Stoked! It'll be my first board with a custom topsheet, too.

Hi nitros! Please remind me of your real name again?

The Nirvana is basically the new Stubby. Same flex profile - stiffer in the tip and tail, softer in the middle. It has variable side-cut though, where the Stubby was single radius. They ride very similarly... I find both to be really stable, comfortable boards that you can also crank the s*$@ out of. Bruce is offering two levels of taper (8 or 16mm), and had the following versions available for demo at ECES:

• 174cm, 12/14m VSR, 8mm taper
  • 177cm, 12/14m VSR, 16mm taper, 21cm waist
  • 182cm, 13.5/15 VSR, 6mm taper

I only rode the 177, and it was wicked. I just have to choose which taper to get, and decide on a 20 or 21cm waist. Chris preferred the EC (EuroCarve) board, which is the same flex profile, but has a much longer single radius sidecut in a small package... I think 15m for the 168cm.

There are a few of us headed up to Tremblant this Sunday if any of the Mont Blanc crowd are interested in a change in scenery :) We have some tickets to use up!

Cheers,

Ian

I received mine last week, was a bit cool feet to ride a long board with a large SCut. Two weeks only between order and reception. Bruce has been really fast on that one. Just before eces he develop also a Nirvana FC VSR with three radii. He proposed me a weird combinaison, 12.7m on tail, 15m mid and 14m on tail and to bring it futher, I asked him and asym board. First feeling after two exits, not nervious than my AM but mega stable on each side and I realise, I can bend it easily, and shrink the T Radius. Love it. You can see the custom top sheet on thr QC side. Hope to try it again saturday and sunday at MBlanc ( my son has his ski lesson there ). Now here it's raining here ; ( . What 's the spec about you next Nirvana FC. Steve

Edited by nitros

I am going to say it (please don't hate me) ... I think we might be done. I am watching the snow melt from my office window and realise that there is almost nothing left on either of my decks. Huston, we have a problem ... Winter 2011-2012 might be over :(

But it has been one heck of a season and we have had some great road trips, some stories, some new boards, lots of video, and (unfortunatly) a really bad injury. To share our stories, reminice and wonder what the summer and next Winter will bring (because it is NEVER to early to plan the next snowboard season) we should have an end of season closer. No bikes, no boards, just beer, BBQ and board-buddies.

Would people be interested in a season closer? Does the last weekend in March work for people? Let me know your preferences. Details to follow.