Note to New Members ×

boots for boarding and skiing

orser506

Ok. I know this has been beat to death a few times but i'll be damned if i can find the threads i'm looking for. I'm getting tired of lugging sb boots and ski boots around and then having to switch when my legs get beat. Is there really any boot that will work for both? Is step-in an option? Or do i just suck it up and bring both sets of boots. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. In the mean time I will keep searching the archives

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you I ski with my son and board. I know Dalbelo have a set of boots that are good for carving too, I'm not sure of the model. BlueB mentioned to me a while ago, I'm sure if you search around the forums you will find it.

I have the UPZ but at 105$ for a set of toes and heels it doesn't make any sense. It's way too much money for 4 pieces of plastic. Even the replacement toe heel pads for the UPZ are 105$ and for Deeluxe it's 20$. So I never walk with my boots on asphalt or concrete...!

Ok. I know this has been beat to death a few times but i'll be damned if i can find the threads i'm looking for. I'm getting tired of lugging sb boots and ski boots around and then having to switch when my legs get beat. Is there really any boot that will work for both? Is step-in an option? Or do i just suck it up and bring both sets of boots. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. In the mean time I will keep searching the archives

Thanks

Still packing both boots. The problem is they tend to work, but not as good as a specialized boot. Or, the conversion is a pain. I rode in ski boots for years and that might still be the best bet if you have the room and don't mind stiffer boots. I too am tired of swapping, just still don't have a good solution. How do you change the blocks? Unless you are really flexible, I think you still have to take the boots off right? So, where is the savings? If I have to take the boots off, then I can just as easily put the other pair on?

post-198-141842356058_thumb.jpg

I got an deeluxe 325 and one time i men my friend on a skies. And tried to step in a ski bindings and it fit. It was bit tight, but i thnik it's better, once it's not a ski boots. I got US13 size, and my friend something like US11(not sure). Ski bindings was Markers jetster as far as i remember.

I've triend to ski in this. As far as this was my 1st time on skis ever, it worked. Now sure if this will work at higher speeds, but you can definately step in ski bindings withou changins the soles.

As an overwieght lazy a$$ed old fart using step-ins for well over a decade, reaching down to adjust a dial or lever to change the flex of the boot should not have to be a "poor equipment choice" in the 21st century.

I always bring at least 2-3 boards to the mountain and swap on a whim.

I like old Raichle sb series for the quick & easy (Don't have to take your foot out) tongue swap.

PS I want DINtec heels

This has been mentioned lots of times, but better safe than sorry:

Do NOT ski in SB hardboots, even if they fit in the binding. They do not have a DIN sole, and the leverage will be wrong, which means you risk injury because the bindings might not release when they should and vice versa.

What you CAN do is put on your SB hardboots and use skiboards (or snowblades or whatever you like to call them) that have bail bindings. No problem there.

This has been mentioned lots of times, but better safe than sorry:

Do NOT ski in SB hardboots, even if they fit in the binding. They do not have a DIN sole, and the leverage will be wrong, which means you risk injury because the bindings might not release when they should and vice versa.

What you CAN do is put on your SB hardboots and use skiboards (or snowblades or whatever you like to call them) that have bail bindings. No problem there.

I would rather have an injury than be seen on snowblades.