Note to New Members ×

Boot Liners? Questions??????

eastcoasticerider

I just had an epiphany!!A couple lights went on in the attic anyhow....I was farting around trying to figure out how to make my new BURTON WIND boots feel as comfy as my old broken down REACTORS....Well I finally figured outits the liners nothte actual boot shell, or the boot shell design.actually they feel the best with some flimsy EARTH liners that are really crappy.....my question is...is there a good liner that has a really flexible(not stiff) cuff and sleeve that will also keep my feet and ankles from chafing inside my WINDS....WHAT ARE TYHOSE THERMOFLEX LINERS EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT? AND WHERE DO I GET THEM?.......THANKS...we are finally getting some snow here in the ice coast....tom gregg.......scenic and exotic erie pa.:)

eastcoasticerider,

We got you covered. Go HERE the see more infor ont he line of Thermo-Flex liners by Deeluxe.

You have the right idea, putting a new moldable liner in a shell is a great way to make a perfectly good boot. Warmer, more comfortable, and lighter, these things are amazing.

Contact us if you have any questions,

though twice the price I would recomend a zipfit due to the tongue type of liner opposed to the thermoflex being a overlap

the aftermarket skiboot liners with a tongue are better suited to the wind/fire because it is constructed more like your average skiboot

and burton boots do not play nice with thermoflex liners you WILL feel the top of boot pressing your shin with a thermoflex

Zip fits and foam injected liners tend to be stiffer than the thermoflex liners. This guy is looking for a flexy liner. I know many people who put thermoflex liners in their winds. In fact I saw Pete Thorndike getting his thermoflex liners fitted to his wind boots at Fins store in Nov.

Do not know as much about the Zip Fits.

However, I am going to say we have probably done 25+ ThermoFlex liners in Burton boots over the years, and all with 100% success.

FYI: Some of the people who we have set up in Thermos in Burtons are:

- Chris Klug (size M29 for you data heads)

- Lisa Kosglow

- Pete Thorndike

I tried using HPD Thermoflex liners in my Burton boots and it met with failure. The boots are size 28, and I got a size 28 HPD liner, but the liner turned out to be too big, even when crushing it during the heat molding process. I should have gone with a size 27 HPD liner. Going -1 on the size may not apply to the lower-end Thermoflex.

After that, I bought an Intuition liner, "size 9," and it was the right size.