Note to New Members ×

Gilmour's ski deals.

John Gilmour

John, wazzup? the tall guy, right ? Too bad about your Donek. You should have knocked a chunk out of the punk that hit you. I got clipped from behind last weds night and chased the kid down and said WTF ? This has happened SOOO many times at Wachoo. I didn't turn on my MP3 player once weds night. Patrollers would be pissing into the wind trying to clamp down on wormtown idiots. It IS what it IS unfortunately. :mad:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ethanpt

I was thinking of saying something to managment. its there liability and responsibility to monitor this. it really is a bit out of control. Bill if you where your viking hat i am sure you will be immune to the jibbers

Unfornately it will never change...you have to ride defensively...kinda like riding a motorcycle in city traffic...The bottom line is it's all about the cash...wah - wah isn't going to turn down the business in order to provide better quality riding conditions. Let's face it...Cash$$$ is King! If you and I want better riding conditions - hit ski 93 - other than that wah - wah is only good for the weeknight carve craving...you know? Too bad it wasn't like the old days and half to get certified - I've been riding for 16 years and enjoy riding with skiiers not snowboarders - The only select few I ride with are the non-scrapers / snowplows that can carve not slide. But "to each his own". JG

i thought this was interesting:

Click me

john

Originally posted by JGU

Unfornately it will never change...you have to ride defensively...kinda like riding a motorcycle in city traffic...The bottom line is it's all about the cash...wah - wah isn't going to turn down the business in order to provide better quality riding conditions. Let's face it...Cash$$$ is King! If you and I want better riding conditions - hit ski 93 - other than that wah - wah is only good for the weeknight carve craving...you know? Too bad it wasn't like the old days and half to get certified - I've been riding for 16 years and enjoy riding with skiiers not snowboarders - The only select few I ride with are the non-scrapers / snowplows that can carve not slide. But "to each his own". JG

cannon for $37 lifts and lodging

and more!

Cannon Mtn 2-Day Midweek Ski/Stay: $69pp

(includes 2 days of skiing and 2 nights lodging)

Loon Mtn 3-Day Midweek Ski/Stay $129ppdo

(includes 3 days of skiing and 3 nights lodging)

Available midweek, except December 18 - January 2 & February 19-27

$159 single occupancy

See our Coupon Section for additional savings!

2 Days $95pp 5 Days $209pp

Weekend Ski & Stay:

Loon Mtn... $165 per person

Cannon... $149

Bretton Woods... $173

- includes lodging Fri. and Sat.

skiing Sat. and Sun.

One Day Midweek Ski and Stay:

Loon Mountain................$57 per person

Cannon Mountain..............$37

Bretton Woods................$64

----------------------------------------

You have to print out coupons from their site for the following deals-

Here's the sick deal "family rooms" which sleep 6 for February Vacation Weeks

Family Rooms $69

midweek (2 night minimum)

1 Person $29/night

midweek, non-holiday

Ski Season

and if you and a friend passes to any of the nearby mountains like Bretton Woods , Attitash, Cannon, loon- or even waterville valley..........

3 Nights... $109 for 2

midweek, non-holiday

Ski Season

Just remember to print out the coupon for these deals.

their website-

http://www.parkersmotel.com/packages_winter.html

________

CHRYSLER SEBRING (SEDAN) HISTORY

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to remind everyone that our Wachusett trip

is still on for Wed March 2nd. Due to the large number of people who

have been canceling from past weeks signups the current list has been

cleared. So, if you already signed up, you're not signed up anymore.

If you want to go on Wednesday's trip please go to the site now and

http://people.bu.edu/skiclub/wach/mar2.htm . There are 45 spots on the

bus and unfortunately BU's web servers aren't advanced enough to have

it automaticly cut off the trip at 45, so we'll be checking the signup

as often as possible to try and cut it off at 45. If you signup after

45, I greatly appologize and we'll send you an email.

-Phil

________

Weed

PLEASE NOTIFY US IN THE EVENT THAT YOU CANNOT ATTEND

IF YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON FUTURE TRIPS Who's in for wachoo tonight? Jon Rutherford and I are planning to go. I'd be pretty stoked to try some demo gear since I lent out my boots( w/ orthotics) plates and 166 pow board whilst in Brasil and haven't had it returned yet. Should be some sweet snow tonight! Let's go fellas!:D

just go to the service desk and say your with the bus trip. worked for me.

Originally posted by Glenn C

I will be heading up tonight and would like to take some runs with you guys. I will be riding either a Volkl 178 or a Madd 158. I signed up yesterday to get on the list for tonight. Do you know where you pick up the $15 passes, if you drive out in your own car?

The BU/WBCN bus service is not going to run next week because of spring break. After that it will run for 2 weeks with BU coeds showing off their newly minted tans.

Seriously- get on the Bus. I went last night- I was on the hill by 6:30

The bus has a DVD player so two episodes of futurama and we were there. On the way back we watched OLD COLD- very funny movie with Victoria Silvstedt playing the step daughter of a guy buying a ski resort. Bull Mountain is ravaged by a bunch of partying snowboarders. And of course there was the obligatory scene with her in the hot tub sans swimwear.

Going to wa is so much easier this way- take a nap on the way up and back- leave the driving to someone else. No waiting in a ticket line either.

The newest ski deal.

SUGARBUSH 2005

APRIL 1-3, 2005

Reggae Fest at Sugarbush

Sugarbush Resort, VT

Trip Price: $169, just spend a little less over spring break!

(includes 3 meals)

Trip Includes:

Round Trip Motorcoach Transportation from BU

Two nights lodging in the Powderhound Inn

Two days lift ticket at Sugarbush

Two full breakfasts (buffet style at the Powderhound)

One full dinner (buffet style at the Powderhound)

Reggae Fest!

Pond Skimming Contest

Dave Guyrn entering the pond skimming contest in his LEGENDARY American Flag Speedo!!!!

This will be our last trip this year, so if you haven't been able to go on one yet, now's the time!!!

Reggae Fest:

Reggae Fest is Sugarbush's spring celebration weekend! After spending the day on the slopes Saturday they'll be lots of Reggae bands playing outside the lodge as well as a pond skimming contest and BBQ! Pond skimming was invented at Sugarbush 30 years ago and it's an awsome show. Nothing like watching lots of skiiers, boarders, canoers and everything in between try to go skimming over a pond on whatever device they please! It's a ton of fun, and if you've never seen it before come on this trip and check it out! Anyone on the trip is welcome to enter the contest, but don't come crying to us if you get a little wet! This year our very own David Guryn will be entering wearing only his Legendary American Flag Speedo, for the ladies!!! And for the guys there's always a few hot girls in bikinis trying to make it across the pond!!!

Food!!!!

As mentioned above, this trip includes 2 full breakfasts and 1 full dinner courtesy of the Powderhound Inn. They serve meals buffet style and they're really really good! So you don't have to worry about what you're going to spend on food for the weekend (just lunch sat and sunday at the mountain)

We'll leave the GSU on Friday afternoon around 3:00 or 4:00 and arrive back in Boston Sunday night around 7 or 8PM.

To signup for the trip, please fill out your information below. Spots will be given on a first come first served basis. click on this link

http://people.bu.edu/skiclub/signup/sugar05.htm

AND NO- YOU DON'T have to go to BU to go- and yes actual adults go on these trips- last bus to wa had a guy with ....horrors....2 children...

________

Uhwh

JG, How was the turn out last night ? I dropped the ball and couldn't get to BU by 5. Is next weds 3/9 the last trip for sure ? Great to hear you're back on the hill again. 3 weeks until spring. I'm cookin' up some dealios to get you riding on the cheap.North Conway this weekend ??? :rolleyes: