Note to New Members ×

Bamboo Cores?

scrapster

Haven't tried bamboo in a board since Bruce doesn't live in a jungle probably won't be getting a Coiler made from it any time soon. But if you want info on how they perform in skis you can contact Boomtown Sports in Nelson BC they have been making a bamboo ski for a couple of years now and my son who had a hand in their design gives them a big :biggthump The ski is called the Urll.

Bamboo cored Donek, I will never go back to the standard. Sean is building me a replacement to this board, biggest difference with be a 14/30m scr instead of a 14/24m and a different top sheet which will be carbon fiber. I gave the General everything I had, no failures, great energy, quite honestly best board I have ever owned. I know that Sean has a stack of Bamboo (possibly even pre made cores) in the shop. Hit him up!

post-286-141842347726_thumb.jpg

I rode Salomon's "Sick Stick" last season for a while - that was Bamboo apparently. It's a powder board (a "twin tip" powder board, no less), so perhaps not relevant. I wrote some text on it here.

On reflection I felt it was a bit of a plank, so it needed kicking fairly hard by a lightweight like me. That's more to do with the precise sizing an construction of this particular rider/ board combination than useful data on bamboo I'm afraid. So that tells you little, but there it is. It works, that much I know. There was nothing specific in the feel which I could put down to "bamboo", but then in powder that would be true of most materials.