Note to New Members ×

F2 Race Ti sizing

Randy Kight

Theoretically/Hypothetically/Potentially/Maybe giving thought to picking up a pair of these, and was hoping someone out there could give me their thoughts on the following:

I've been in a pair of Raichle SB324 since 2000, size 27.0. I'm also in the process of buying a pair of UPZ RC10 (thanks to Billy B, Will F., Flywalker and Dan)...these will be in UPZ's 27-27.5 shell. I understand that the UPZ normally has a shorter shell length than most, and probably my Raichle's. With this shell sizing difference, what size in these bindings would allow secure fit of both shells? I've heard both medium and large, where the recommendation on large was due to "stretch" of the bails, etc. and thus the need to crank down a bit more.

If this might only be potentially doable, I really just need to know which of these sizes easily and securily fits the UPZ's.

thanks as always...

Randy

I can't answer but... I've a couple of pairs of F2 Ti Race bindings and they're both "medium" (as opposed to "large"). The "medium" are speced as up to 27.5 ... I've used these with 225s, Indys, and now Head Stratos Pro boots all in 27.0 and they are fine. They look like they have a fair bit more length in them too, for sure there's at least another centimetre in there.

I've never had any of the "large" bindings so don't know how they compare, but medium is perfect for 27.0.

There's a definite difference between the UPZ's and the Raichle/Deeluxe boots. I had to wind in my bindings a signfiicant amount (probably 1 to 1.5cm at either end) when I changed boots.

I didn't get my Race TI's until after I got the UPZ's, so I can't comment on the different boot sizing in the bindings. I know that I'm currently running the UPZ's in a 26.5 on step in, medium TI's, and there's a ton of adjustment left.

I've done L to 24 size binding, as well as my own 27. I usually pick them as L due it is easier to sell them if needed.

Only difference there is how fron part of screws are located, so this is more or less joke as such.

Specially painfull if you have small boots due then you can adjust front part to very much backwards position on both versions but rear part must be setup to minimum and even then center of boot will be hell of lot too backwards.

Same problem with almost all bindings :nono: + :AR15firin

EDIT this is for Intec versions :)