Note to New Members ×

Ottawa pre-season 2011/12!

Ian M

^ Yeah, I'm going with some guys from the Ottawa Mazda Club. It'll be more of a networking event than anything. Like Chris I was disappointed last year; so much of the riding was at a ridiculous level in places I'll never set foot. Besides, WHERE'S THE F@&%ING CORDUROY?? We all know that's where the fun is had :eplus2:.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna echo the majority of the previous comments. As much as I like Warren's eye for good vid (I have periodically seen several of his productions over the years), ya can only watch the loonies do suicide jumps off of vertical rocky chutes, the themed slide'n'fumble snow races and grannies and kids slip around at the foot of the mtn trying to walk from their car to the lodge in ski boots after an ice storm ... so many times. And his movies are never cheap! But if Ian brings along a WM tape, I might watch it - which segues nicely into ...

This is last call for those wanting to get out for a pre-snow social get together. So far, Ian, Chris (& friends) and Tabatha, plus possibly Graham* (newbie) have expressed interest. I also have a few of my own friends coming out so there will definitely be enough bodies about to tell war stories :). If anyone else is interested please contact me off-line (email address is above) as I will send out more detail (to individual email accounts) later next week once I have a better idea what the weather is doing.

See you all Sat afternoon,

Brian

* Hey Graham - this would be a great opportunity to show off that freshly minted home built board!!!

As Ryan just said by email, many thanks to Brian and Tara for hosting the ride and get-together yesterday! It was great to see all of you, and to talk gear, riding, and other things. Seeing Graham's board was a special treat :biggthump.

The ski and snowboard show came up yesterday, and we haven't missed it yet. It's next weekend at Landsdowne, 10-6 Saturday and 10-5 Sunday. Tuning clinics by Kunstadt, last year's gear on sale (mostly Kunstadt I think), and lots of reps from resorts expounding the benefits of their beautiful slopes. I don't know about you guys, but I go mainly to enter all of the 'free trip for 2' draws that the resorts do ;).

Cheers,

Ian

I'd like to thank Brian and Tara for hosting a great get together.It was good meeting everyone there.

The maiden voyage may or may not be advertized. I might quietly sneek out some mid-week night to some out of the way hill to save myself the embarrassment of a catastrophic failure of either my board or my ability to control it.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

:1luvu: Love you too, man. I'm not having your babies though. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

You're too tall and deficient in certain areas I deem mandatory for a breeding partner. Even if it is just for practice/recreational purposes. The whole you being a dude issue would be the first insurmountable hurdle.

• 3 weeks later...

@ mikel45 - glad to hear they did good work. They're not cheap, but they're good!

@ Keyser Soze - no. Last time I asked Frank about cooking Deeluxe liners, he told me they only had (gentle) warm-air hoses for the ski boot liners. What type of liner are you talking about?

^ Nice Tabatha! No snow here unfortunately. It sounds like there has been 'white magic' west, north, and east of us but not here :(

Hey Ryan, when is the due date again? I forget when you said your baby was expected ;) ... http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35327

I'm not sure how many of you know, but I started hiking all of our local hills on weekends to help pass November. There are only two hills left, MSM and Pakenham. Would anyone like to join me for Mt St-Marie next Saturday? Rain or shine. I'd enjoy the company :D

Hiked so far: Fortune, Cascades, Calabogie, Vorlage, Edelweiss.

Cheers,

Ian

Ha ha, I'm expecting December 3. And yes, I'm already an overprotective dad...just can't trust anyone. The anticipation is driving me nuts at this point. The lack of snow is keeping me in check but once we get that first covering I'll be crawling out of my skin and irritable if the hills aren't open :eplus2:

What time you heading up to MSM?