Note to New Members ×

N.i.c.e. 2012

Steve Prokopiw

That was my best powder day of the season. It was great week for the event. The weather was on our side. Looking forward to staying in touch with all of you. And thanks for all the work it took to put it on and organize everything. I am really in love with Schweitzer now. And I'll be back for sure.

Tomorrow should be awesome. "Get that pow!" haha

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great way to end a week of carving deeeeep ruts into great grooming.:biggthump

I missed pow with the gang yesterday:( to deal with neglected snow removal at home but ULLR smiles on my efforts with 12 inches of 17* powder overnight with hoepfully a few less peeps on my fav stashes than Sat.

How did you know we hit the north bowl ? Well actually I didn't but boardski did I worked and didn't get out there till 2pm. After 27 years of riding the scwizz I poached some of my favorite stashes on the frontside instead. I found crotch deep pow light fluffy, riding my pow board giggling like a girl googling the latest heartthrob in teen magazine. I unfortunately did not get to see buster or grayontray neal and dane but I hope they had fun. It was a great week with friends old and new. Thanks to all. I learned a lot of things to improve my rutmaking skills and enjoyed the clinics.

Had a blast. Schweitzer has become one of my favorite mountains. Enjoyed riding with old and new friends. The early load session was awesome. And anytime you can get a pow day in ...

I appreciate all the hard work Mark, Russ, Troy, Dane, Neil and all of Schweitzer crew put into the event.

Dane, I want to thank you and your wife for your hospitality. Had a great stay at the Pang bed and breakfast. You went above and beyond.

I'll be back for next years NICE.

By the way, it looks like I'll be back on Thursday, March 22.

Tae

The event went off great. I had a fabulous time as did everyone else I talked to. Thanks to all who attended. Will soon be speaking with schweitzer management about next year so please email them about your wonderful time to: bpeterson@schweitzer.com. As always I will try for more early load privledges 2 days is great but more the merrier. If any one has any suggestions let me know. I think the only thing I'd change is meeting in the daylodge for lunches rather then moving around works better for sack lunchin it. I also would like to add a wax clinic. See you next year !

It was great to meet some new friends this year,

But I've got to set the record straight; Russ and Mark do all the organizing, Dane is a wonderful ambassador all year long getting newbies on gear and I just post about it all:biggthump

p.s. I'll be sending Brandon and Schwietzer mngmt an email praising them for our discounts & early loads allowing us photo ops w/out having to watch out for other skiers & riders. It really makes our event special.

Edited by b0ardski

N.I.C.E. was AWESOME, firm groomers, soft groomers, early loads, and powder. Great hosts, great riding partners, great clinics and riding tips. Thank You everyone for making Lorri and I one of the group.[ATTACH]29859[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]29860[/ATTACH]
Just returning the favor from my trip to stevens. Was good to actually ride together. Lori and I was talking about meeting up with our families and riding so let's stay in touch. Glad you had a good time.

Hi all,Hope everyone had a goodtime at this years event. Hey all you organizers we need to have a post nice meeting to discuss a few things. Kram is gone till friday so after that let's get together. Till then. May the pow be with you.

• 3 weeks later...

on average mid Jan. has more groomer days than powder days and the coverage is usually pretty good, but I do think it may be a gamble playin "pineapple express roulette", with what we call the January thaw.

that said I like the thought of keeping it away from the other events.

In a perfect world, I get to go to both WTF and NICE for the entire duration of each event..... BUT... well, the thought has crossed my mind that realistically, I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue like this year and go to both every year. At some point, I really need to save $$$ and vacation days from work to go visit family that I haven't seen in several years. So, my $0.02 is that yeah, I like the idea of moving it away from other events, and yeah, there is always the risk of weather issues no matter when it is, so is there a perfect solution? probably not.... (has anyone found that money tree yet?)

Ok first need to thank all those that sent emails to schweitzer about our nice event. The positive feedback is greatly appreciated, 1 email even got forwarded around by the ceo thanks grayontray. Nice 2013 organizer meeting april fools day @ noon php pizza hope all can make it. We need to finalize the dates for next year. Still looking for more feedback on when so please chime in. See you all soon.