Note to New Members ×

TD3 center disc bolts

big canuck

Just got some new F2 S Flex plates (they're diff than my old ones, nice to see F2 moving forward with these) but my center disc bolts are too short. Does anyone know where to get the same bolts just a bit longer? I'd guess I'd need them to be 3-5 mm longer.

Thanks

K

Just got some new F2 S Flex plates (they're diff than my old ones, nice to see F2 moving forward with these) but my center disc bolts are too short. Does anyone know where to get the same bolts just a bit longer? I'd guess I'd need them to be 3-5 mm longer.

Thanks

K

You'll have a hard time finding 5mm hex heads, I think Bomber had those custom made. But, you can probably find 4mm at the length you want at http://www.mcmaster.com/

The 4 mm head would be fine. Would the head size, shoulder shape, thread pitch etc be the same as the 5 mm versions? Do you or anyone know Mcmasters part number for the bolts?

The help is appreciated

K

You'll be hard pressed to find a 4mm bolt for what you need. Thread is M6, you would want an A2 or A4 grade stainless steel. Fastenal has them but the shortest length you can get is 6mm. Mcmaster doesn't have anything under 6 either, that I could see.

I picked up a set last year and they came with the correct mounting bolts, then I bought the parts needed to convert two sets of non flex to flex from YYZ, which came with the correct length bolts, so if you can't get them try YYZ.

I love the Flex, almost as much lateral flex as the sidewinders but step-in.

Running a sidewinder on the front and a Flex on the rear.

If you can help me out, I'm in. I'm in. No panic for them so however you want to mail them is fine. I can paypal you the dough just let me know the cost. If you've got them, I'd like to get 26 bolts total (an extra 2 just in case) and I might get another set of the plates as well so would like to have some extras.

Hans, any chance you can access one of the spider plates that go under the plate that the bolts thread into? I have an older set and being the knuckler I am I stripped out one of the holes.... I compared the old one to one of the new ones and they appear to be the same....

I'll send you my address via PM

Mike, you can change the Flex in the plate? How so?

Thx for everything guys.:biggthump

K

Mike, you can change the Flex in the plate? How so?

I converted the titanal plates to titanal flex by changing the mounting plate(burlier one) mounting bolts (longer ones) adding the plastic disk under the mounting plate and adding the foam gizmos under toe and heel, the flex plate sit's about 3/8th's" higher off the board but gives lateral flex similar to the sidewinder.

Overall weight after converting to titanal flex is close to sidewinder weight but titanal flex is step-in.

Strapping in the rear binding with an 18" stance is one thing strapping in with a 22" stance is another, so I choose stepin for the rear.