Note to New Members ×

Anyone know "mtnpig" from BOL??

AaronG

I was curious if any of you Southern Cal people know this guy? Goes by mtnpig on this website, his real name is Gavin. I sent him some $$ for a pair of TD1 step ins and haven't had any communication on his part since then. I have emailed a few times and no response either. He lives in Redondo Beach area, if you know him, tell him to respond.

Guest Randy S.

If one BOL member stiffs another and doesn't make good on it, I'd say its time for a good 'ol fashioned beat-down. That said, I vote for giving him time to sort things out, I don't like violence.

Originally posted by Steve Dold

Interesting site. I actually found some useful tips there, some that I've used (taking Advil before riding) and some that I never thought of (using the car heater to soften glue on a "recycled" pass).

except that doesnt work anymore. Most hills caught on, and the tickets now turn black if you apply heat

Guest Randy S.

If you want to recycle an Alpine Meadows pass, just bring a zip-tie. That's how they attach them. They use special little green ones, which if you ask at the ticket window, I bet they'll give you 1-2.

Guys, thanks for the concern but I did receive the bindings today. I have bought many a things from sellers on BOL and the line of communication is awesome, i.e. I sent the funds, I received the funds, I shipped the item here is the tracking #, type of stuff.

I never received any response or confirmation that the funds were received or the item was shipped, just kind of weird.

Originally posted by D-Sub

except that doesnt work anymore. Most hills caught on, and the tickets now turn black if you apply heat

Actually, they now use thermal printers and paper, so no ink cartridge to change, thus making the ticket printing cheaper. Being thermal paper, heat makes it go dark, so it's not a deterrent, it's the way it works.

the Disk system...here in Japan they use a magnetic disk that actuates the gates in the lift line (think subway turnstile) I put mine in the back of my mitten and swipe the sensor as I walk by...works great and does away with need for a lifty in the line....downside 500Y deposit/refund on the ticket

Yeah, the tip about heating the passes is on there as much for humor as it is for cheap lift tickets, the thermal print tickets can be a nasty suprise. I probably need to put a little disclaimer on there so people aren't dissapointed :eek:

Gecko, Mountain High here in SoCal uses a system similar to the disk thingy you're talking about, they give you a little card that you hold near a scanner in order to get in line. I don't think they charge a deposit for the card. (not sure since I have a season pass) They give people the passes on a chain you wear around your neck, so I guess getting a recycled pass is as simple as asking someone who's leaving.

Speaking of Mountain High, I'm up there most wednesday nights (missed tonight 'cause of work) as well as any other time I can make it. If any of you SoCal people are going up there throw me an email, (john@raceboarders.com) it'd be cool to ride with some other hardbooters.

PS. glad the binding thing worked out for you