Note to New Members ×

It's on.

Jack M

Don't worry. I'm borrowing a GS suit and a cucumber.

I get that you will be using the cucumber slices to soothe your teary eyes after the course hands you your backside (or is that frontside? I can never remember..); but why the speedsuit?

Given the course, you might prefer one of those Norwegian 'flying squirrel' suits for improved maneuverability.

Jack is going to embarrass the entry alpine community....

We'll never recover from this

No pressure Jack but you better make us look good.

No worries, spectator view should be fairly limited.

I was kidding about the GS suit. :)

I dare you to sport one.

I'm letting Mr. Wagner use mine. Gonna sell it to him anyway cause I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

Figure I'm gonna use my Rossignol 156 for this race. Feathering my turns is way easier and I can straightline better with it.

Whos gonna be there from this forum?

Don't you have a Kessler? You should be racing with that not a 156

The trail the race is on (Double Bitter) is a narrow squiggly thing that will not be good for GS boards, or much carving in general. Actually it will go a long way towards equalizing hardboot/softboot gear. I'll be on my Stubby 171 and no plate.

The trail the race is on (Double Bitter) is a narrow squiggly thing that will not be good for GS boards, or much carving in general. Actually it will go a long way towards equalizing hardboot/softboot gear. I'll be on my Stubby 171 and no plate.

Ah got it. I wonder how many banked turns the course will have.

That should be a fun course to race on.

Enjoy guys

Don't you have a Kessler? You should be racing with that not a 156

No Kessler; got the Donek race w/metal.182.

Figure the SL will do me some justice. It's that or I put plates on my Solomon forecast. There is also the option of my oxygen proton which is a tad wider than the Rossignol.

Ross Powers friggen killed it! Unbelievable time of 1:18, compared to Seth's 1:24. "Official" BOL best was Dan Wagner (KneeDeep) on 3-straps at 1:35:27 followed by me at 1:38:45. Hardboots were at a disadvantage on this tight grizzly course. Winning boards were short BX's and Fish shapes. However I thought I heard jburrill's (on softies) 2nd run time announced at 1:28:something, but the pdf shows 1:48:08. *shrug*, he looked fast. Tons of nationwide talent was on hand including many USASA guys and former bx pros. FUN race, I recommend it next year, but not on HB's if it is on the same trail!! (Double Bitter - very narrow) Gonna pick up one of Seth's Kessler 168 BXs...