Note to New Members ×

Should a user have right to delete a thread?

BlueB

Shold a user have the right to delete a thread?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Shold a user have the right to delete a thread?

• Yes, it's his thread
    • No, only admins, to prevent the loss of good info

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

queequeg,

Captain Ahab needs you to catch the white whale... i.e. move out to Colorado, buddy.

True true ... I'm sure I will eventually. Either Colorado, BC, Utah, or back to Portland. But I like summers in NYC and there is actually some pretty awesome carving to be had in New England so I don't see myself moving anytime soon. Having a car next year should make for a much better season. I'm calling it quits for this season so I can get my shoulder fixed in plenty of time and do it no further harm, as it seems to dislocate more and more easily each time. I'm a little pissy now because my season has been been fraught with problems, but I'm gonna make sure next year kicks ass to make up for it :).

I'd be pissed if I was in your place.

Frickin' right you would. It's my day off, yesterday it snowed, and I had to go to the local big police station to sort out some bullcarp with my driving licence rather than go riding. On top of that, it turns out I *didn't* have to go sort out my licence, and it was all just bullcarp.

Bah.

Still, being at the police station did give me an excuse to practice my nazi salute. And the 90€ fine I got given for not having changed my licence got nullified, so that's a win.

Interesting point that Queequeg brings up. This never occured to me. That someone could shoot off their mouth on a forum, reconsider in retrospect and edit or delete their post to try to cover their "real self".

For this reason, I always try to read and reread my posts before I hit "submit" to decide if that is what I really want to say. I think if people knew that they couldn't "revise history", they might be a bit more considerate.

HEY JOSE!!!!!! you sir are NOT a cubical carver! so sleep well my friend.

OH, and my name is Gary. so I'm not hiding behind a fun name I came up with.......well lets just say a LONG time ago. don't use the blue hair jokes because I'm bald:eek:

HEY GARY!!!! Thanks :-p .... I may not be a cubicle carver but I AM a big whiner.

For this reason, I always try to read and reread my posts before I hit "submit" to decide if that is what I really want to say. I think if people knew that they couldn't "revise history", they might be a bit more considerate.

You have to remember that most post are made in the evening, after the average BOLer has imbibed a little judgment impairing liquid. Maybe there should be an online sobriety test before posting. There goes my post count :eplus2: