Note to New Members ×

Two day Race Clinic at Okemo - Feb 18-19. Coaching by Marco!

patmoore

If you're in the northeast, mark you calendar for Friday and Saturday (Feb 18-19). We'll be running a two-day clinic at Okemo's NASTAR course. You've been following the instructional tips and videos from Marco here online and now you can get coaching directly. We'll get some classroom instruction as well as video analysis. Your cost: Lift ticket and $10 a day for unlimited runs. Marc has graciously offered his services in exchange for gas money to and from Rochester. We'll split that cost among the participants so encourage others to join us!

Writer, professor, fitness consultant and noted lecturer, Marc Cirigliano is a professor at SUNY Empire State College in Rochester, NY. A snowboard race coach, Marc has published and sold in over a dozen countries his original text The Fundamentals of Snowboard Carving and Racing. As well, he has written for noted extreme skier Dan Egan’s Dan Egan Entertainment Network and First Tracks! The Online Ski Magazine.

There's an outside chance I'll be able to secure inexpensive lodging but I won't know just yet.

Runs made at the clinic will count toward qualifying for the NASTAR Nationals at Winter Park March 24 - 27. And yes, snowboard gates will be used at the clinic and the Nationals.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can get a rough idea of headcount.

Participants can get lift tickets for $50 for each day for the clinic. I was unable to secure lodging for Friday night but if anyone needs a place for Thursday night, I should be able to get you a bunk for only $27.50 five miles from the mountain. Bring your own bedding and towels.

This is a very inexpensive way to get many runs, top quality coaching, and video analysis. The course has an adjacent T-bar so you can make a LOT of runs in a comparatively short period of time.

I need a headcount so please let me know if you plan on joining us!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing everyone Friday and Saturday. If you can make it Thursday night, we plan on some classroom instruction at my condo in nearby Proctorsville. Let me know if you need directions.

I've arranged for $50 lift tickets. We plan on focusing on drills on Friday and spending time in the gates on Saturday.

Any questions? I can be reached at pmoore@snet.net or by cell phone at 860-559-4324.

Pat

Change of plans. Sorry to do this on such short notice but the formal clinic has been postponed until early next season.

I will be setting snowboard gates from 10 (possibly as early as 9) to 2 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Unlimited runs for $10. For Friday and Saturday, you should be able to get $50 tickets from Eric Evans in the competition center. Try to get there no later than 8:30.

Pat

are you guys setting gates tommorow and saturday? Wondering whether i should come up.

Yep, gates will be set Fri, Sat, and Sunday from 10 - 2. I'll open the course earlier if I can. NASTAR course is located on Lower Blackout.