Note to New Members ×

A bit of SL Love

WinterGold

Very nice WG! Thanks for vid and stoke.

New school SL boards have way longer scr then the old snappy boards... Yet, the varible cut and taper make them so versatile. Pitty for no rounded tails, except on few narrow BXers, to be found arround.

My favorite boards have slalomish cuts, but are slightly longer, like 167-173 range, just to enhance the sweet spot size. I guess those are best described as free carvers... Then, for fooling around, same thing with wider waist, I suppose those are best described as all-mountain carvers...

No much love for 185s and huge turning boards, except when I go to Whistler. Then I need to cheat (make fewer turns per run), in order to preserve the legs through the day ;)

Riding solo, straightliners and carving switch

Here's the deal - half of us learn to ride proficiently switch. The other half of us ride with them, behind, navigate and point which way to turn. The switch riders keep watch for straightliners uphill. Everybody rides with somebody, everybody has somebody to trust, and nobody gets whacked from behind. It's gonna be beautiful! The really committed switch hitters could even mount up backward. Okay - that came out wrong. You know what I meant.

We've had record high temperatures here for two days straight. It's getting to me.