Note to New Members ×

SNES 2011, June Mt.

Wolfman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got a note from Eric (director of ski patrol). He suggests (as some of the rest of you have), to have the official event (as in board share/groom/etc) on a slightly later date. Those of us on schedule to go this weekend should all certainly go, ride together and party, but what do you guys think about moving the June-provided amenities to another date? I'm thinking 4/16.

I am committed to going. For work and for play. I get the cancellation of things but...cannot "carve" out another weekend for this. Its a bummer that soft/fresh snow is a deal breaker.

Definitely not a deal breaker as far as us all heading up, but it doesn't make too much sense to request the extra services from June. I don't plan on hanging outside and changing boards in the middle of a storm (Gunsmoke hut/homebase), nor does a mid-day groom or private run (or perhaps a private pow run? ;) ), make too much sense either. The fresh snow is just preventing a pure carving event like we had last year. No way we could have known that this weekend would be so pow filled back when we planned this. Even SES had pow/soft snow this year, but at least they had a full week to get carving in later. We'll still have a blast.

Definitely not a deal breaker as far as us all heading up, but it doesn't make too much sense to request the extra services from June. I don't plan on hanging outside and changing boards in the middle of a storm (Gunsmoke hut/homebase), nor does a mid-day groom or private run (or perhaps a private pow run? ;) ), make too much sense either. The fresh snow is just preventing a pure carving event like we had last year. No way we could have known that this weekend would be so pow filled back when we planned this. Even SES had pow/soft snow this year, but at least they had a full week to get carving in later. We'll still have a blast.

I am stoked either way. Would love to hear a role call for those still attending and where they will ride sat and sun.

I am stoked either way. Would love to hear a role call for those still attending and where they will ride sat and sun.

I'll be at June on Saturday and Sunday with my big group of friends. I wear an orange jacket and might even try riding in hardboots on my new powder board. I'm driving up early on Friday but not sure if I will do Mammoth or June.

I'll be at June on Saturday and Sunday with my big group of friends. I wear an orange jacket and might even try riding in hardboots on my new powder board. I'm driving up early on Friday but not sure if I will do Mammoth or June.

I'll be at Mt High Friday am for a few hours. Then up friday. June both days for me. 2 days for one+25 buckscompared to mammy. Worth the drive to miss the crowds too. Black coat/stripes on sleeves/white helmet. We should meet up as previously planned. Sorry/no friends on a pow day...

I am afraid that I have had something come up with one of my other jobs on Friday and family stuff on Saturday.

I am going to try for Mammoth or June on Sunday.

Mammoth reporting 8 ft of fresh with another 2-4 ft starting today and not stopping till Sunday. Those who can make it to June, have fun swimming :lol:

With all this snow, Mammoth will be open for carving through July 5th again I bet, so perhaps we can do another SNES later in the season...

Those of you going this weekend will you be rocking hardboots on your pow board? We can still have a hardbooter event :eplus2:

I've tried this before with an ATV and forward angles and didn't like it so much. I'm thinking of lowering the angles and trying again on the Flagship on Friday.

I am already in Mammoth. Tons of pow and sunshine today!!!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Will bring my entire collection which includes the pow board which I will be riding today. Soft boots though, Gonna run through the trees.

Later,

Rolf

I am afraid that I have had something come up with one of my other jobs on Friday and family stuff on Saturday.

I am going to try for Mammoth or June on Sunday.

Mammoth reporting 8 ft of fresh with another 2-4 ft starting today and not stopping till Sunday. Those who can make it to June, have fun swimming :lol:

With all this snow, Mammoth will be open for carving through July 5th again I bet, so perhaps we can do another SNES later in the season...

I will be in!:biggthump

Sunday I drove back from Mammoth, Tuesday I spent 8 hours driving in traffic, thursday I did a day trip to Snow Summit, and The only ride was up friday at 4am and back saturday at 2pm..

Too much road warrior for me..

So I'm going to Snow Summit where it is SUPER SUPER SUPER WOW carveable instead and an easier drive ...and see you guys April 16th at June :)

Sunday I drove back from Mammoth, Tuesday I spent 8 hours driving in traffic, thursday I did a day trip to Snow Summit, and The only ride was up friday at 4am and back saturday at 2pm..

Too much road warrior for me..

So I'm going to Snow Summit where it is SUPER SUPER SUPER WOW carveable instead and an easier drive ...and see you guys April 16th at June :)

at least you are not baking cookies

at least you are not baking cookies

I make excellent Dutch butter cookies.

here is the recipe.

Dutch butter cookies (Zandkoekjes)

2 cups flour

1 cup sugar

1 cup butter - softened

Knead it all together to form a ball. if it's too dry and won't stick

together into a ball add a bit more butter. If it's too moist and sticks to

your fingers too much add a little more flour. Roll out the dough very

thin - thinner than typical American sugar cookies. I roll it out between

pieces of wax paper sprinkled with flour. Maybe about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick

at most. To make shapes, use cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to ungreased

cookie sheet. Decorate with sprinkles, etc. Bake in a 325 degree oven for

about 8-10 minutes or until barely browned.

I eat them on the chairlift as cholesterol is precursor to Testosterone and butter has vitamin A- (peanut butter cookies are likely not as good as butter cookies for carving performance.)

http://www.muscle-health-fitness.com/increase-testosterone-level-naturally.html

I can carve, bake and sauté.

Me/mary/selin met with julian and andrea for several runs. Saw loc and a few other carvers. Anyone meeting tonight for dinner. Windy with freshies and grins everywhere. Sorry you missed the officail/now unofficial snes. Let's near some updates for tomorrow