Note to New Members ×

SNES 2011, June Mt.

Wolfman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June management is aware of this date, however I do not have confirmation that Gunsmoke will not be turned into a park this year. I hear there is some rumor that a few big name freestyle riders are requesting this for a shoot. I'll see what I can do, but as it stands, I am trying to arrange something similar to what we had last year. :)

There is plenty of other runs out there we should be able to hi-jack: Bodie (I like this one better than Gunsmoke because of the pitch and length), Lottie or even Matterhorn (various pitch and fast, fun for my Donek195).

Either way I hope that management is granting us a run to play on. Let me know how we should petition for one. :boxing_sm Or beat the poop out of the freestylers.

Cheers

It'll be more high traffic but that gives alpine snowboarding some more exposure. The high speed quad is awesome too. We'll definitely have to keep an eye on the demo rack though.

Do you really think anyone would know what to do with those "ski boards" I love bringing my alpine boards to mt high. No one knows what they are. Besides what would a tight pant rainbow rail rider do with a board with more effective edge than a longboard skateboard?

Those dates sound good. Would you guys mind if a few carving monoboarders joined in?:o

J7 is also closer to food and slalom course, no?

Depends on what food you're talking about;

There is the hut at the bottom of chair 7, but that's just sandwiches and soda.

From J4/J6 you can take silverado down (and set speed records while you're at it) to the midstation where they have "gourmet" stuff like pasta.

Hi guys,

Deer Bowl is a very nice fast run and it does up the exposure. Then again, it is a very "mainstream" run right next to J7. Might be a bit challenging to get permission from management to close that off just for us G-turn freaks. That is why I was thinking of Matterhorn also. We can indeed monopolize the slalom run for a few hours for bragging rights. But if the processional freestylers are going to get access to Gunsmoke, this might give us an opportunity to "share" some facilities if we can get Bodie or Lottie Johl.

I liked the BBQ last year at Slim's. OK, not a lot of choice but especially with nice weather the coolest place to be, also for some group shots.

Keep the thread alive!!

Chad- Did you find my business card last week on your car at stump?:biggthump

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry my car is full with wife , brother, dog and a butt load of equipment.

I will be bringing:

The famous and scary Donek GS195

Burton FP173

Oxbow World Cup 171

Chad- Will you be bringing some demo stuff again? My brother would like to try to monoboard a few runs. And I would love to carve a few turns on "Sharky" or Volvo's "Hammerhead" before Luca gets a hold of it again.:boxing_sm

We will only join for one day though, I have many things planned for my brother visiting only for a week from Europe. So we will drive back in the afternoon. I can leave some boards behind and the radio behind. I am sure Andrea can drop them off after you guys are done playing.:ices_ange

If any of you guys want to join early, we will be skiing Mammoth on Friday already.:biggthump

Cheers,

Rolf

Hey guys!

I am planning on being there on Saturday and maybe Mammoth on Friday.

I will bring a few toys for you all try :biggthump

In fact I will probably build a new V0 and V0x-l with our decambered nose and elliptical sidecut. Those both will be for sale for a special SNES price at the end of the day Saturday.

I will also bring the older V0 and V0x-l that you have seen before. They will also be for sale for a special SNES price at the end of the day Saturday.

I will of course have my carving monoboards and the new Edge skwall board. And Aaron, I will bring my prototype carving skis too :o

See you guys in two weeks.

-Chad