Note to New Members ×

Donek Incline 168 $100

teach

I bought this last year here to get started on hard boots. It's a narrow (24 cm waist) soft-boot carving board, torsionally stiff, with reinforced inserts to make it safe for plate bindings and hard boots. It allowed me to start off with lower angles (low 50s) than alpine boards would require. Now I'm comfortable with angles around 60 degrees so can ride 19.5 cm waist boards. I would love to ride this with soft boots, but mine are size 12.5 and don't even fit on wider boards with 45 degree angles. So this is a "tweener" board for me now. I think someone else should have it, either someone learning to ride hard boots, or someone with smaller feet who could ride it also with soft boots, or both. I've also thought of keeping it as a loaner, but am looking to raise money to buy a wider, longer version of this board for soft-boot carving.

Weight range: This board is not soft for me at 190 lbs. It's stiffer than an Oxygen Fr 167 I have, for example. Maybe best for riders over 150 lbs?

Condition: Much better than you'd expect for $100. Edges are all there and clean, base has a few long longitudinal scratches and maybe one gouge, not through the p-tex. Topsheet has a few chips but nothing serious. Some scratches/scuffs in the clear-coat on the topsheet. The base is flat except for some "binding suck" under the rear inserts; I wouldn't have noticed except that I took the board out the other day for a run and see that the wax stripped off less there. The board is not twisted. Camber: lying on the floor, the camber is just enough to fit a pencil under the board. The only thing I feel I should say is that the person I bought it from said that it "lacked camber in front". I wasn't able to notice this, but this is the only Incline I've seen, so...

I'm asking $100 only because I got it for a good price (don't recall how much, but probably $150 or less). I think the person I bought if from could have gotten $300 by not mentioning the "lacking camber in front".

BOARD IS SOLD and will ship Jan 11.

post-8138-141842331081_thumb.jpg

I'm asking $100 only because I got it for a good price (don't recall how much, but probably $150 or less). I think the person I bought if from could have gotten $300 by not mentioning the "lacking camber in front".

Yes but I feel that would not have been honest and I try to be up front with my sales. I'm glad you got some use out of it and feel you got a good deal. I know the new owner did as well. It really is a good board. But the nose camber is a bit weak. ;)

Ted