Note to New Members ×

2.7 threads worth of engagement on TD3 SWs... bad news?

Flywalker

Hiya...

Just as the title says, l am in the process of mounting them up right now to my new Prior FLC. However, l'm not getting the recommended thread depth of 3.5.

ls this a deal breaker? Am l riding my old Burtons tomorrow?

Need more info (and still likely will not offer too strong of an opinion)

How many have 2.7 threads compared to 3.5? Is it just 1 out of 4, or 1 out of 8 . . . or more? How many threads do the remainder have?

Need more info (and still likely will not offer too strong of an opinion)

How many have 2.7 threads compared to 3.5? Is it just 1 out of 4, or 1 out of 8 . . . or more? How many threads do the remainder have?

Are the screws not long enough or do the threads start too far down in the insert? Scrapster recently had a Prior with the latter and he returned it for a new one. You could PM him.:eek:

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts. Every single screw is under 3.0 turns using the standard 20mm screws. Average is 2.7 turns. l am assuming one turn equals one thread. l suspect longer screws would solve the problem, however even with the bindings off, installing the screws alone equals what appears to be EXACTLY 3.5 turns. The inserts are deeper into the board than l would have thought necessary... and there's no chance of finding longer screws today.

Actually, the finish on my brand new board is not what l would call perfect. l have air bubbles visible in the tail section through the graphics which l would not have expected from what is a $1150 board. There are also light surface scratches all over the top sheet. They offered to refund me the money and pay to ship it back.... but then l have no board. Kind of a (insert expletive here) situation, really.

No questions about this, I should send that board back right away. You will get into trouble with this board for sure. Imagine you will pull out the inserts, get hurt or something. Bad manufactured inserts, airbubbles, don't they have any qualitycontrol with this brand before they ship their product to a customer??

l am absolutely gutted to read this. l've been watching the Prior site for 5 years and have been in contact with the company since early September trying to create the "dream board" for my return to riding after a nearly 10 year hiatus.

l ordered my board to time it with my once-in-every-two-years holiday back home to Calgary Canada. l was hoping to ride it while l was here and teach my wife, who is new to hard booting. The FP is in Sapporo. The Sims is toast, no question.

BlueB offered to lend me a board which is an awesome gesture in every way... but my plans to have one, or even two Priors under my arm when l get on the plane Jan. 11th have been dashed.

Anyway... tonight is all about family and turkey... and a copious quantity of alcohol. Tomorrow l'll try to see if my old Burton bindings will fit on the board. lf not... there's always that Osin 3800 l bought from Mr. Scooby. Not really a carving board, though.

BlueB's board won't get here until next week.

It seems like there should be time to get another quality board before your trip. You could always have it shipped straight to Calgary if shipping to Japan will take too long.

If you plan to return it, I assume you cannot ride it.

Curious why so much loyalty to Prior?

Enjoy your evening with family and food. Family is much bigger than this.

Curious why so much loyalty to Prior?

Enjoy your evening with family and food. Family is much bigger than this.

Misguided perhaps. Really liked the maple leaf graphics. Felt like flying the flag back in Japan so to speak.

3rd glass of champers and turkey almost on the table!

Thanks Buell (^_^) Agreed. lt's awesome to be with everyone again after so long. The wife wants to move here. May have to seriously look at that as our new adventure for 2011.

Yeah Scooby l hear ya...

Did a bit of a test a few minutes ago. Just screwing the bolt into the inserts without the binding showed an interesting revelation. Not one single insert would bite more than 2.5-7 turns. Worst one barely past 2. The inserts are not too deep into the board... it looks like the top two threads on each insert are missing!

Did the same test on my wife's new Oxygen Proton. Every single insert bit to 4.75 turns.

Looks like my old Sims will get one more chance to play in the snow before permanent retirement.