Note to New Members ×

overconfidence?

kieran

so i've broken my left wrist. yesterday was a so-so day until i found a really quiet and grippy run to play on. i'd been getting some really hard turns in all morning and was having more fun than, with the benefit of hindsight, was maybe safe. the board was working, the boots were working, and the smile was working. then i found a strange bit of terrain while heelsiding, and BOOM, i'm crossed-up, flipped over and punching the ground.

turns out my wristguards don't protect against this sort of impact. my helmet had some odd marks on it, and it doesn't knock true anymore. in the bin it goes.

i'll be getting stretched and pinned tomorrow, looks like i'm out until early feb. oh well.

post-9072-141842328979_thumb.jpg

I have been there too. My overconfidence on a snowboard ended when I broke my leg a few years ago. The good news is it will probably make you a more skilled and focused carver when you return.

Good luck with the surgery, heal well, and do your PT.

thanks. how long does it take to stop feeling like a prize twat?

well at least you have more time now for concentrating on the important matter of scoring some hardbooter chicks.

I always felt your snowboarding time might interfere with your focus on that.

BE the date. BE the date.

Get well soon.....have a few drams of craigemore to get through it.....

I have been there too. My overconfidence on a snowboard ended when I broke my leg a few years ago. The good news is it will probably make you a more skilled and focused carver when you return.

Good luck with the surgery, heal well, and do your PT.

+1 on that one. Been there done that too, and surprisingly, I came back a much better rider. I was too confident, and down right reckless at times. Broken leg - some hardware - and 7 months of re-learning how to walk will put the ego in check. Luckily I went straight into the OR after my break - no waiting for me :eplus2: (good thing too, they almost cut my leg off from the compartment syndrome)

Anway, what Buell said. Good luck, heal up quick, and stick with your PT, and not just during your sessions, but on your own time too at home.

During my own recovery I learned taking NSAIDs creates a higher risk of fracture non-union. If you can, take only Tylenol for the pain.

You can also find Smith Nephew ultra sonic treatment system on eBay for fairly cheap. They've been shown to reduce healing time by 30%.

Did you really need that, or is that just to prevent you from putting on a snowboarding glove? :cool:
it was a 3 man job. two stretching my wrist apart, one aligning the bits into position.

then it was relaxed. so my hand bones are holding the sheared off joint in place, and the bridge is stopping any movement loosening it.

it itches. really bad.

it was a 3 man job. two stretching my wrist apart, one aligning the bits into position.

then it was relaxed. so my hand bones are holding the sheared off joint in place, and the bridge is stopping any movement loosening it.

it itches. really bad.

I was just kidding because if I had a regular cast I would be way to tempted to go out riding! Good luck and heal quick.:biggthump