Note to New Members ×

Regular or Goofy?

fin

Regular or Goofy footed?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Regular or Goofy footed?

• Regular (left in front)
    • Goofy (right in front)

In previous polls and discussions of regular/ goofy correlations, eye sight and occupations have come up as possible indicators of stance preference. It would be interesting to compare our poll, to one a softboot forum. I'm guessing we have more goofy riders than in snowboarding generally. If that's the case, it would interesting to find the mental, physical, or lifestyle factor that might have influence on stance preference.

BobD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on your job, for instance Rodney Mullen spent the last 2 years training himself to have no "stance" removing all favoritism from how he skates. as if he needed something else to show the world he is a god among men.

I'm a regular footed skater/surfer/snowboarder but I started life as a lefty and ride a bicycle and roller blade/skate as a goofy (right foot forward).

Right-handed, regular for skating and snowboarding. But for my first season or two on modern equipment, riding switch often felt more natural. I never rode a skateboard switch except for fakies in a halfpipe, so I don't know where this came from.

My daughter is right-handed and goofy. Maybe I should cast a vote for her, too?