Note to New Members ×

Free Tuning Clinic Boston - North Shore

trailertrash

I just wanted to say that I made my first turns this season with a board tuned by Mike from PTC and it made me a better rider (anyone that has riden with me knows that I have plenty of room for improvement). My board was holding turns on some pretty firm conditions. If you ride in the north east on our typical conditions his tunes are worth the money. I went to one of his clinics a few weeks ago and it was very informative. I ended up buying one of the Ray's Way waxing tools after trying it at the clinic. The tool is a piece of PVC tube with a sheet of nylon material wedge into it. This is used to "cork" in the wax, no iron required.

I have a house near Waterville Valley, I ride mostly WV or Loon. I ride almost every weekend and some of the school vacations (I have two kids). I try and get out on the hill as early as possible and get some early runs in. If you are heading up in that area let me know and we can try and meet up and ride.

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

what a coincidence, I grew up in Marblehead, birthplace of the American Navy! :p

Jack...

Philly is the Official birthplace...but you do have some claim.

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq112-1.htm

-Noah

p.s. - this started as a plan to identify whitehall, NY as the birthplace, but when I couldn't rememeber the name, I found this...)

got to meet Rusty, Glenn C, Frappe, Jeff Day and trailertrash in the hizouse. Mike is an amazing tuner and if you need a world cup tune,he's the man. We got to see Mark Harris's new Madd BX board, pretty sweet. The new Madd 170 and 158 look awesome.Summit is my new favorite ski shop.

Bob,

it was more an explanation/justification of Mike's process than a "tuning" clinic. If you are familiar with that than you didn't miss anything. I just need to figure out when I can get my boards to him.

John

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

Hey Guys,

Sorry I missed it last night. How was it?