Note to New Members ×

F2 Speedster RS

Titan

Hi folks...I'm looking for some input. Thinking about picking up a new 183 RS,haven't found much in the way of reviews or owner opinions. Anybody have any experience-based facts or testimonials?

what year?

the new ones I'm told are a ver different shape than the old one. I know YYZ has some, maybe ask Dave what they are like. I've had enough conversations with the guy to know he's not going to BS people about how the board feels. seems to be a stand up guy.

I had a 183 RS from about 2004-ish, wood nose with yellow/white middle/tail. It was a brute for a relative newbie. It wanted to go mach 10 before turning. Even then it made BIG radius turns. Granted, I wasn't skilled enough at that time to really push the board around to majorly change the turn shape, but I sold it after only a handful of runs. I'd love to have another crack at it now but it was stressful to ride as a relative beginner. The guy that bought it from me (Redia on here?) loved it. For comparison I loved an Oxygen Proton 178 GS in similar environments.

The new F2s have very different specs from the older ones though, I haven't been on one of those yet.

It's a 2010 model,and id be buying it from Andrea and Dave....they've answered all my silly questions....good,informed folks,for sure. I'm just worried that a 183 is too much scr for east coast runs. I'm accustomed to a 181 WCR and 168 RT....guess I could use them on the narrow trails,yeah?

I have one that I think is from 05 or so, and I really like it when conditions are great for caving. The large sidecut radius means you need to be moving pretty fast before it comes alive, but if you have a place with wide non-crowded slopes it is a ton of fun.

I can carve harder and faster on rougher snow than anything else I have owned. I haven't tried and of the new-school (decambered nose) boards yet though.

I just don't ride it a whole lot because it's awkward at lower speeds (as Keenan noted) and because I rarely find enough room on a slope for it mid-week. But I'm really glad to have it available for those special occasions. :)