Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2010-2011

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was actually pretty nice . Rode up to meadows with a tele coworker and cruised around the mountain . Rode my tanker 192 today for variable conditions . One of the lifties said he used to ride sponsored for radair and loved my tanker . He had a retro lam air! Ok conditions were light snow in the am to a little clearing later . It was about 2" new over good grooming . Did a run down heather canyon which wasn't so good as it was moguls . However star was the best with perfect soft carving all the way down ! Overall pretty good day considering expectations for foggy crap .

I got a late start but was there. Deep powder basically everywhere, but it tracked out fast. Did some laps on heather then went down to hunt out fresh stuff on HRM and called it a day around 1:30.

Uhg, this relearning thing is rough. Still pretty awkward up there, not really getting into a solid rhythm. Don't think it'll take too many more days to get fully back though.

Was keeping an eye out but didn't see anyone I recognized. Oh well, next time.

You use a FRS radio? What channel?

I'll probably skip the weekend due to crowds, but will be looking to go up early next week if conditions are good.

down Shooting Star ridge with me.

Yesterday, first tracks.

Galen, I hear you. I was half way back to town by 1PM. They were parking in the Annex!!

Jason: Yes. 13/20.

Front row.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1cVlaPXBQ?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1cVlaPXBQ?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I ran it through de-shaker software and it came out low res and messed up. So, you get the raw video here.

post-198-141842327682_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842327685_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842327688_thumb.jpg

I hate you:AR15firinBut the video is not that bad I'm with you Jim

down Shooting Star ridge with me.

Yesterday, first tracks.

Galen, I hear you. I was half way back to town by 1PM. They were parking in the Annex!!

Jason: Yes. 13/20.

Front row.

<OBJECT width=425 height=344>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1cVlaPXBQ?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT>

I ran it through de-shaker software and it came out low res and messed up. So, you get the raw video here.

If any of my snowbros are available over the next couple days. I could use some sherpas to do some shlepping??

Couple hours of leg and back work out?? I think you know what I am talking about ;) :( :o

Call me , but know I will have to be brief. Thanks, Bryan

If any of my snowbros are available over the next couple days. I could use some sherpas to do some shlepping??

Couple hours of leg and back work out?? I think you know what I am talking about ;) :( :o

Call me , but know I will have to be brief. Thanks, Bryan

Let me know I don't have any work tomorrow I could run up and give you a hand

MHM has lost 10" of base depth in the past 12 hours.

From their site:

General Comments: Well... it could have been worse yesterday. The snow was fantastic until about 11:30am, when, just as predicted, the Pineapple Express slammed into Mt. Hood, bringing well over an inch of rain. It's still raining, and the rain is predicted to stay light until the afternoon, when the Pineapple Express will strike again. The friendliest skiing and riding will be early, and if you're up here later, we'll be passing out "Meadows Performance Outerwear" aka plastic bags for you to wear over your high-tech outerwear. Sometimes a Hefty bag is just the right call...

On a brighter, happier, and more serious note, snow is expected to return to Mt. Hood tomorrow, with snow levels dropping back to 5000 feet. By Tuesday, snow levels should be back to seasonal norms, with lots of snow falling from 2000-3000 feet on up. Whew... at least this Pineapple Express will be short-lived. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thank you again for skiing and riding MHM!

Next time I go to Timberline for a race weekend I'm bringing my gumboots!

Saturday morning was pretty nice powder until 11-ish, but by noon it was goo. Sunday morning the groom was surprisingly good, but the GS course got rutted out pretty thoroughly in short order and everyone was good and ready for lunch by 1:30.

Remind me to stick my tonge out for the next snowy self portrait. :p

Man I cant get that song out of my head from your video! Might have some time tomorrow AM to help you if I dont go up to MHM. Wednesday is looking better for the new snow.... Let me know if you want the help.

Jim

Man I cant get that song out of my head from your video! Might have some time tomorrow AM to help you if I dont go up to MHM. Wednesday is looking better for the new snow.... Let me know if you want the help.

Jim

Hi Jim, it is hard to maintain the professional image when you are bouncing up and down with your hands flailing wildly isn't it? Weather wise I agree. Ross came over today (just left) and gave me a couple of hard hours. Really helps.

Galen is pulling up any minute to buy a Tanker for a friend of his up North. Done deal.

Bryan

Good day. EVERYONE WAS THERE>

Can't believe how many people showed up on a Wednesday? What's up with that? Filled the parking lot again!!

4-6" most areas since yesterday. More like a foot in Heather and areas not opened yesterday. Good , dry snow, nice conditions.

Numerous alpine riders

I did not see you Jason?