Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2010-2011

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan,

What were you riding today?

2003 Tanker 200cm with F2 S-flex Titanium SI.

No wax or extreme wax was the formula today. COLD, DRY and SHARP snow.

Hit a stump mid board, mid heelside slash. Basically got popped up and didn't even eat it. I think if I had been a lesser board it would be firewood.

Had to watch for frostbite for sure. Had all my extreme cold gear on. The big orange pillow jacket isn't very flattering but it sure kept me toasty:o :biggthump

This am. Alarm went off and I didn't muster. I bet they have a great carving surface today!! :sleep:

Photos:

Me (I wish. My Kiwi mate Arron) :cool:

My parking spot, right where you KNEW I would be). :nono:

Vista (more wind blown) :)

post-198-14184232662_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842326623_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842326626_thumb.jpg

2003 Tanker 200cm with F2 S-flex Titanium SI.

No wax or extreme wax was the formula today. COLD, DRY and SHARP snow.

Hit a stump mid board, mid heelside slash. Basically got popped up and didn't even eat it. I think if I had been a lesser board it would be firewood.

Bryan,

Glad to hear that both you and the board are ok. Looks like I will have to come down there to enjoy the snow with you as it is not quite as nice up hear right now.

cheers,

sandy

Hey Sandy, yep a little sore today but nothing important enought to wipe the sh;t eatin grin off my face from yesterday!!

Come on down Sandy, you know you are welcome anytime. If you want to travel light, just grab your boots and bindings and pick out something from the quiver. Bryan

Hey I am riding MHM tomorrow if any can go ? Hopely it snows a foot like predicted and will be on a Tanker 192....

Call, text , or frs ....

Jim

Jim, how was it? Did you get caught in this??

Road Conditions: ODOT: Hwy 26 is closed. All traffic to be diverted to Hwy 35 and I-84. Traction tires or chains required on 35. Please drive carefully and use caution.

Lift Operations

Saturday, Nov. 27 at 05:07 PM

post-198-141842326663_thumb.jpg

Hey Bryan it was really pretty dang good . I got there just a bit before 9 and got 6 good powder runs in off vista before it started getting crowded . I then just messed around and rode every lift . They were putting chairs out on cascade at one but my legs were starting to go . The carving was good and rode my tanker 192 . I really love that board . Pics to follow later . I missed the traffic jam but saw the police .

Sunny, cold , soft groomers. Turned out to be a great first day on my alpine gear!! Tinkler, Jim M, Jim, Mike H and a new carver. While I was dusting off my summer dust, our new carving member was dusting off a 15 year lull! He amazed us all in his easy adjustment to alpine. Really fun day, thanks everyone.

Jim, good to see you back at MHM, it has been too long.

post-198-141842327041_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842327044_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842327046_thumb.jpg

Video snipits from yesterday. It was a fine day.

Cyrus showing us how easy alpine snowboarding really is. His first day.

No, really.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zEjbqd3zs?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zEjbqd3zs?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

His video:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="960" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bnyMEL0KA5I" frameborder="0"></iframe>

thinking about hitting meadows tomorrow with the alpine gear (got a job so i got to brave the weekend crowds)... how have the grooms been?

Good, very good. What you will get depends on the day, the weather, how early you get there, if you go to the right areas. ;)

Did you see the videos above? That was last Monday after fresh snow. I am guessing today was probably very good carving also. Day to day right?

Hope your's is good!! Post up a report and some photos.

PS. I got a job (working 10 hours per day +) , but I don't do weekends. Options.

not to bad of a day up on hood. snow was fast, little soft but could hold an edge. rode up with a friend and got up later so it was a little tacked out.

started the day up MHE down voyager to SS. one my first chair on SS i caught an edge bad, flipped, and de-lammed my board at the front binding. the thing is totally borked. got a nice toboggan ride down the hill from ski patrol and drank in the bar all day waiting for my friends. got a pass voucher so its not all bad but my googles got nicked to boot...

so yeah, anyone one got a kessler they want to kick down to me for a few hundred ;) ?

also brian, you are welcome to my cocoon lotus for the museum if you want it (its the hooger booger tailed board...)

Lex, that doesn't sound like a very good day? :confused: I admire your positive spin, but , late start, smack down and broken board and googles. Damn, that sounds like a rough one?

You are fortunate in that:

You got to make some turns.

You didn't break your #@$%%>>CCd

You had a designated driver.

MHM flowed you a chit.

What board did you break? Photos please :eplus2:

Hopefully you are not racked in the am.

Keep up the spirit and good thing you are young and limber!!

Sure, the Cocoon will be welcome in the vintage alpine group.

Bryan

i try not to get upset about things that nothing can be done about. i was tempted to try and rent something and salvage the day but it felt too forced... the bit about the mt being beautiful was to report back conditions for the sake of the thread. a positive is that i have the opportunity to try and find a board that is a better fit for me. the lotus was a bit short and too stiff i think. i do not feel stable at high speeds and it was really tough to flex...

so yeah, not the greatest day on the hill but i made the best of it and came out un-injured.

i broke the lotus. i email you some pics...

Lex, that doesn't sound like a very good day? :confused: I admire your positive spin, but , late start, smack down and broken board and googles. Damn, that sounds like a rough one?

You are fortunate in that:

You got to make some turns.

You didn't break your #@$%%>>CCd

You had a designated driver.

MHM flowed you a chit.

What board did you break? Photos please :eplus2:

Hopefully you are not racked in the am.

Keep up the spirit and good thing you are young and limber!!

Sure, the Cocoon will be welcome in the vintage alpine group.

Bryan

so yeah, anyone one got a kessler they want to kick down to me for a few hundred ;) ?

For someone that is willing to do a little work. I have a pair of Kesslers , GS and SL that are Hangl mount (older) that could go for a few hundred.

Is 9 a few? ;) 300 + 300 + 300 , that is a hole lot of carving gear for under a grand?

NO, not ready to cherry pick the parts at that price.

That is two Kesslers and one set of Hangl plates for 900$ Cashola

\

Sorta off topic, Back to MHM