Note to New Members ×

25° years on board.....66& the carving of the beast

matiu68

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, this is the start of it, another mid spring going into summer thread...

:lurk:

OH, and not to take away from the riding - awesome ripping at speed. Looks a lot more like race style ski carving following the fall line than some of the C-carve lines that free carvers tend to make.

@ Valsam: No, I do not know Mickey. Actually I do not know too many Hungarian carvers. I could count on one hand the ones that can really ride...

Check the video at 6:00. Well not moguls, but quite an uneven surface. Look how stable he is at that speed.

Check the video at 6:00. Well not moguls, but quite an uneven surface. Look how stable he is at that speed.

Not trying to get into this heated debate, but if you look at the shadow the rider is throwing you'll notice it's about 50 foot long. The sun angle is making the surface appear to be much more uneven than it is. This same footage taken at high noon would look like a smooth canvas. Just making an observation, not trying to step outside the BOL company line.

Good video in my opinion though, just wanted to clear up a visual discrepancy.

sliding your body down the hill gets you really really wet and cold. the original freecarve,"eurocarve" never was performed like this. peter bauer, jon nearva are crackin up as we speak. ive tried to ride like this. but just hate eatin snow on every turn.yuk. try this at matiu speed, then call the ski patrol to find your teeth.

Come on now, you guys even analize the camara angle, shadow projection of the bumps, my grammer,lol this goes back to my tech head comment. whats next, figuring out what the second layer of material is used under the first part of the top sheet under the layer of rubber that is only used under the feet finished by titinal after gluing it with carbon fiber laced opoxy only in the tail on 171cm boards only made in the spring hahahahahha. all on one 2minute video on a monday morning before 8am . wow i gotta go paddle ,im makin myself laugh

Great video - thanks! It has me pumped for next season and I just finished carving this one 5 days ago! Look forward to learning more about your boards.

Sorry the thread is so messed up. :rolleyes:

BTW, those are not smooth groomers, at all. Awesome riding.

figuring out what the second layer of material is used under the first part of the top sheet under the layer of rubber that is only used under the feet finished by titinal after gluing it with carbon fiber laced opoxy only in the tail on 171cm boards only made in the spring hahahahahha.
clearly that would be the wooden core. poplar or ash by the spring in the slide, i'm guessing.

Sorry but after Casper carvers vids this looks very boring!

Fast race style riding but boring!

Are you kidding me? Like what styles you like (I personally like many of them when done well). Why do you have to be such a dumbnut and rain on this very accomplished rider's thread about 25 years on a board?

Sheesh!

Well, I do not know how fast he's going on the videos, it looks quite fast to me though. I'd guess most of the time he is around 65-75 km/h.

I've mentioned recently on an other forum that this March I happened to have a GPS device with me on the slope in Italy / Livingo for 2 days and have measured the speed during different styles of riding. These are the results I've got:

- EC: around 40 km/h

- Speed carving: around 60-65 km/h (still linked and laid turns, body drag, but no extreme extension as during EC)

- Straight-lining to the lift: 80-90 km/h (no crazy speeding, just letting the board go a bit at the end of the slope)

- Speeding: 100+ km/h

- Top speed I measured: 126 km/h

So what I'm trying to say here is that you can go really fast even with a body drag... and trust me, getting wet is not an issue..... the issue rather is what reinforcements to put on your clothes not to lose them after 3 turns....

And actually eating snow is a lot of fun.

Having said all this, no doubt, EC has nothing to do with proper race technique and is (just like many other things in life) a question of personal preference. EC is also a nice and safe style to go down very steep slopes, provided they are well groomed.

And in fact, Pokkis is a great rider (especially in his age group :lol: - sorry Pokkis I could not miss this), I've seen him many times.... But don't ask me how this topic got here from Matiu's video... (JakeW :confused:)

Rgds

your wrong its foam injected old svhool rossi resin with redwood stringers down the side with no rocker until edge contact tapers off on boards made for the japanese riders training in NZ. BUt for real, i think alot of the tech talk is very informative , no joke. ive been involved with alot of board design over the years and still hear alot of good stuff on here. honestly. no joke. Ive held off on being on this sight since fin started it. i was on his first binding when i started the first snowboard team ever in aspen. iF YOU DONT LIKW ME , GET OVER IT, IM HERE TO STAY :1luvu::eplus2::boxing_sm

I just watched the video, looks very cool but not fun for me. the breaking at the waste at the top of the turn before you angulate the board is different. well, from what i teach. but im a race coach. still, very cool if you like that style of riding. ride on brothas.

So what I'm trying to say here is that you can go really fast even with a body drag... and trust me, getting wet is not an issue..... the issue rather is what reinforcements to put on your clothes not to lose them after 3 turns....

And actually eating snow is a lot of fun.

Having said all this, no doubt, EC has nothing to do with proper race technique and is (just like many other things in life) a question of personal preference. EC is also a nice and safe style to go down very steep slopes, provided they are well groomed.

And in fact, Pokkis is a great rider (especially in his age group :lol: - sorry Pokkis I could not miss this), I've seen him many times.... But don't ask me how this topic got here from Matiu's video... (JakeW :confused:)

Rgds

Exactly Istvan,it is a matter of personal preference,and what i said was that my preference is the EC technique and even more caspers switch EC way(witch i can't do and think that very few can!)!

What was so wrong that i said?,i didn't know that the guys where Olympic athletes but either way i just said that fast hand flopping race style riding doesn't do it for me any more,i could'nt even watch the olympics mens finals and i fell asleep!

I rode like that(style i mean,i never was an Olympic athlete!) for 14 years but after finding the EC way 3 years ago that was it for me!

It is a personal opinion and i think that for many people the EC style is alot more eye catching and fun!

Nick,this is funny. I don't post here much, although I find I have a lot of information that would be informative to many, but I am just not prepared for where things end up going. A lot of people don't understand who Matti is and the part he and Louis played in alpine boards. I am not going to respond after this. Just found it fun to see you get some Sh----t. Black shorts rule!!!!

I don't post here much, although I find I have a lot of information that would be informative to many, but I am just not prepared for where things end up going.

That makes me sad.

Matti, Tinkler, and all: Please don't let a few hot-heads scare you away. There are a LOT more people reading that don't want to get into these silly pissing matches so they stay silent. If you were to think that everyone that comes to Bomber posts, it would be easy to think that we're all hyper-opinionated people that believe that their chosen style is best and that everyone else is an idiot. But that's not the case.

Sorry your thread got so messed up Matti. It's good to see yet another manufacturer supporting the sport and having fun playing in the snow.

Sorry then if my comment messed up this thread i should have never made a comment!

But i never said that "this style is better than that" i just said my opinion!

I thought that threads in forums are for people to share there opinions and if someone disagrees with something ( always in a proper way )or does'nt like something that makes him a hot head?