94/95 Burton PJ 7.0 for sale

mikeportnoy

Peter Bauer/Jean Nerva Design

~170 cm

wood core

sintered base

top sheet in great condition for its age

base has some small scratches, no blowouts, edges are fine

own a piece of history! will post pictures when the wife gets home...shes the shutterbug not me, gold/bronze top sheet color

$200 plus shipping

037.jpg

038.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Peter Bauer/Jean Nerva Design

~170 cm

wood core

sintered base

top sheet in great condition for its age

base has some small scratches, no blowouts, edges are fine

own a piece of history! will post pictures when the wife gets home...shes the shutterbug not me, gold/bronze top sheet color

$200 plus shipping

regular or goofy...duh...

I lived in France and have ridden with Jean as well as ridden motocross with him. I had one of those boards and it was the sweetest, most spectacular ride anyone, anywhere and in any time period will have! The pivot centre was so precise... woooooo

I lived in France and have ridden with Jean as well as ridden motocross with him. I had one of those boards and it was the sweetest, most spectacular ride anyone, anywhere and in any time period will have! The pivot centre was so precise... woooooo

you boutique guys are lame. I rode these back in the dark ages and loved them too. I had a PJ 5 and 6. Nothing like 3 strap bindings and pendulum riding style. I think this is the last year for the PJ? Nice example but overpriced.:nono:

Rode mine at SES a couple years back. Just to surprise Joerg. :1luvu::biggthump

Price is actually in the ball park. Although the range on older used gear can run a wide span. Just depends on your focus and priorities. With 250$ coilers out there, it may seem out of alignment with an alpine focused rider. I know of at least another BOLer that has one. Name withheld to protect the innocent. :eplus2:

Totally off topic here but...r17 addicted 04 165 from klug's website. I have researched here but found little. any opinions???I am a 90% soft carver 10% hard booter. Looks like a nice x-over deck for me. What do you think? Planning on having a Coda sideways built for me this summer...

Totally off topic here but...r17 addicted 04 165 from klug's website. I have researched here but found little. any opinions???I am a 90% soft carver 10% hard booter. Looks like a nice x-over deck for me. What do you think? Planning on having a Coda sideways built for me this summer...

get in touch with Paul K - he has one and has put more than a few days on it.

Rode mine at SES a couple years back. Just to surprise Joerg. :1luvu::biggthump

Price is actually in the ball park. Although the range on older used gear can run a wide span. Just depends on your focus and priorities. With 250$ coilers out there, it may seem out of alignment with an alpine focused rider. I know of at least another BOLer that has one. Name withheld to protect the innocent. :eplus2:

right, I think this comes down to if you want wall piece/history or performance.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have one of these. I uncrated it about two years ago, brand new. I gotta say that I agree with the comments about the ride.

:1luvu:

The board is fantastic and the asym ride is very predictable and rewarding. Mine actually is an over camber model. The tail is almost like a variable camber, where the tail kicks down a lot just past the rear binding. This thing rockets out of turns and it will throw you if you ride it too hard.

:biggthump

If you can get your hands on one, its worth picking up. Almost as much snap as a Virus. Really cool vintage, and at around 22 wide, the width is more modern than you would think.

I have ridden a few PJs since 1993. The PJ takes a specific style of rider. If you like to flat out your board this is the worst board, it would catch an edge 90% of the time. The front to back foot style this board loves with the asym edges is amazing once you find your balance on it.

But if you liked S-ing down the mountain in any condition (ice, packed, moguls, etc.) except POW (you need to adjust your bindings back for pow) this was a sweet board to ride. I found the older boards had more aggressive asym angles. The younger boards tended to be more forgiving with a lower asym angle between the toe and heel.

If your a heel & toe rider that enjoys high G carving these boards were sweet! Great Flex and to this day I still argue they are one of the best carving boards.

Carving is about Style, these boards have a TON of style.

post-10825-141842356045_thumb.jpg