Note to New Members ×

Air Suspension...

CarvingScooby

TRY ON YOUR OWN RISK

TD3 Secondboard Kit + TD2 Suspension Kit

Combine with TD2 Bindings. Tested for more than 20 days.

Works very well on icy condition and chopped or for long hours of play (3-6 hours). I'm 200lbs and this combination reduced all the bumps significantly, easy on your feet...just like an air suspension (Quote from "Crucible" ).

Replace Standard TD3 Second board Kit Centre Plate Screws with a longer SS Oval Head Phillips M6 x 25 and applied Non Permanent Loctite (Blue). If not applied screws loosen after 2-3 hours play.

Tested on these boards:

Glass - Donek GS170

Semi Metal - O2 Proton GS172 & 178

Metal - Prior WCRM 173Wide & 177, Coiler Metal PR179

Plate - Vist (Prior Metal) & Hangl (Kessler)

Will continue report with TD3SW combine.

Cheers

RT:lurk:

post-6136-141842313667_thumb.jpg

post-6136-14184231367_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842313672_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
Wow. Nicely done, RT.

How is the ride - for example, the flex, lateral movement, and so on?

Best regards,

Colin

Thanks. I'm 200+lbs w/o gear, maybe 5% flex compare to TD3 Elast by it self, so for lighter rider might not make anydiff. With this combo is the comfort that I'm chasing for and the bonus since you ride comfortably over the cruds, ice, bumps, chops, your mind can concentrate on your riding. When switch back to TD3 Elast its like a plank hitting under yr boots everytime deck hits cruds. U'll be tad higher but no diff when ride/paddle.

Did you test this with the screws located in an off-center pattern on the disk? Do you think that might cause tweakage of the inserts?

No, I didn't and I won't. I even won't do it on TD2 Elast, I rather shorten/widen my stance. There was a discussion on BOL

Hope this will help.

RT

TD3SW report coming this season.

This post seems to suggest that off center mounting is ok...no?

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28348&highlight=td%2A+mounting

I have that topic for discussion for a deck that has factory defect on the screw holes gap. Not for me to use.

This what I can do/did with screws in the centre config::o http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=262540#poststop Imagine if the binding was off-centre...

I just wanna be safe,

RT

• 1 month later...
Did this with my 192 Tanker, finally got my first day of the season in today. It seems to soak up some of the stuff I would normally pick up on as I ride. The added height is a non-issue. Initially I am pleased with this. Long term testing continues...

Thanks for the input, please check the centre plate screws before next day play or use blue "non permanent" loctite.

NOTE:

- This is my set up for all of my TD's, I'm pleased with the comfort given under my boots. It absorb almost all the impact from the surface.

- Blueb did a test drive with the Tinkler 180 http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=320300#poststop and he wasn`t pleased with the respond from the binding to the board. Mind u Blueb is an aggressive playa. Bro, wud u mind pitch- in...

Thx,

RT

Yeah, I didn't like it much on Tinkler. Keep in mind that it's a 17 wide board, and I rode it with angles above 60. Side to side play was way too much - delayed response and board having a bit of "own mind"...

I'm pretty sure I would like it on angles below 50 and all-mountain type of ride.

For ride on a plate, I'm thinking to ditch the TD3 elastomer too and ride just thin TD2...

I agree with BlueB on this one I think that there might be a lack of response from the board with this set up. I'm 220lbs and was riding a Schtubby with UPZ RTRs , grey tongues, and yellow elastomers under TD3s last year set at 65/60. This year I picked up an AM ride and switched the elastomers on the Schtubby to blues. IMO, for the one day i got on it this year, the board felt faster edge to edge, more responsive to small inputs, and even seemed to dig in harder.

I personally didn't notice any extra beating with the stiffer elastomers, but then again I'm at the heavier end of the spectrum.

Dave

This is a bit off topic... but not much.

I want a TD3 2nd board kit but don't want to pay for it. I've got extra TD2 cants. If I can get a pair of TD3 yellow rings and a pair of TD2 4 hole disks... all I have left to do is make the 4.5 mm spacers and viola... inexpensive! I'm guessing I'd probably need to get the rings from Fin... but I might be able to score some old TD2 disks over at the 'for sale' section. All I needed to know was the spacer thickness! Thanks BlueB

OOPS.... no thanks BlueB.

I guess I need to know the difference between the TD2 disk and TD3 disk (bottom flat to shoulder). Of course... maybe that delta is 4.5mm also.