Note to New Members ×

18 + 18 + 27 = Tri-AL-althon

C5 Golfer

A couple of months ago I was telling my GF what a wonderful place this Seattle area is – we can/could ride our snowboard, or golf, or ride our bikes on the same day. She said so when you going to do that? I looked at the calendar and said April 15 – Tax day.

So yesterday I was up early – loaded the X5 with my snowboard – Prior’s 4X4 – and my golf clubs headed for Stevens Pass Ski area for a bit of spring riding. (Thanks to Stevens for senior rates of $40). Since it was a Thursday – hardly anyone was there- so in a little less than 3 hours I got in 18 runs on a sunny day. It was close to noon so I headed off to the parking lot and changed clothes for my next stop – Echo Falls golf course, arriving at the T box at 1:00 – for 18 holes of golf with my friend Jerry. We quickly played 18 and I shot an acceptable 77. Now I am back in the car for a ½ hour ride home to meet my girlfriend for my late afternoon/evening bike ride. I do a quick clothes change, grab some food, load water bottles and off we go for a nice bike ride in 65° sunny weather. 27 miles and a little less than 2000 feet elevation gain later I am all done and ready for a great dinner with a nice red wine cooked by my wonderful girlfriend while I watch. I was a damn fine day for the first Tri-AL-althon. :biggthump

post-53-141842313654_thumb.jpg

Envy you.....

But... what about in the summer?

If it gets rain... (I heard It rains all the time in summer), Obviously can't ride, can't play golf or ride bike (i Know you can but it won't be fun as much as yesterday)..

I've been many places and if I have to choose, it will be San Diego. 90 miles from Summit/Big Bear, tons of Beaches, 100+ golf courses in SD county, and a lot of half naked women everywhere. :1luvu:

Way to go Al! I was going to make yesterday my final day at Crystal but 34 degrees and snowing sounded too close to Cascade Clear Flakes. I've never understood how Hood and Bachelor could stay open a month longer when the Seattle metro population is larger.

Envy you.....

If it gets rain... (I heard It rains all the time in summer), Obviously can't ride, can't play golf or ride bike (i Know you can but it won't be fun as much as yesterday)..

Yes, rain, rain, rain. All year round. ;)

Nice work Al!

Envy you.....

I've been many places and if I have to choose, it will be San Diego. 90 miles from Summit/Big Bear, tons of Beaches, 100+ golf courses in SD county, and a lot of half naked women everywhere. :1luvu:

Yes, rain, rain, rain. All year round. ;)

Nice work Al!

It rains here? all the time ?? I have never noticed.. quess I better pay more attention when outside. :)

I am playing Echo again tomorrow -- I will check for rain and report back..

Wow. Wish I had the time to get my game in your range. That's a long day of recreation, I'm sure you enjoyed that wine.

But enquiring minds want to know.... riding or walking?

Riding - but cart path only -- which on some holes is about the same as a walk if you can not play cart path golf, ;)

Al, well played sir!

Envy you.....

If it gets rain... (I heard It rains all the time in summer)

Yes, it rains all the time here, especially in the summer. (Yes! It's working!) :eplus2::eplus2::eplus2::biggthump:biggthump

Sounds like a great day Al!

Interesting binding combination you have there. What's the story behind that?

My TD1 - TD3 story... good eye by the way - first one to ask.

I bought TD3s this year and I like the new step-in in the back so well I thought why waste it on the front when I only use that 2X an outing. So my two Fav boards have the Rear binding a TD 3. The Front is TD2 or 1 step-ins on most of my boards. I really can not feel the difference of TD1 or TD3 on the 4X4 - maybe cuz I weigh 220lbs - ---BTW did upgrade my TD2s to the steel rear guide and I run Fin-tecs on my boots.

• 11 months later...